I have a pre-qualification letter for a VA Loan and I want a new Ryan home . Will RyanHomespay the closing cost?

Asked by mlwues34, Palm Harbor, FL Wed Apr 3, 2013

Answers

4
Pamela Cohn’s answer
Pamela Cohn, Agent, Clearwater, FL
Wed Apr 3, 2013
Most of the builders in the area know each others programs-I wouldn't suggest making up a story-but actually seeing what the competition is doing and pit reality against reality. I also suggest using a local lender. No disrespect intended, but real estate is local and you want a lender that can be present and accountable for any hic-ups along the way. Interviewing lenders is as important as interviewing Realtors.

Pam Cohn
Broker Associate, GRI, SFR, NHS
Real Estate Consulting, Marketing & Sales
Prudential Tropical Realty
2539 Countryside Blvd #3 Clearwater, FL 33761
pcohn@prutropical.com
727-204-7155
Liane Jamason, Agent, Saint Petersburg, FL
Thu Apr 4, 2013
Many builders will pay all or a large portion of your closing costs if you use their preferred lender. As your buyer's agents, my partner and I can accompany you to a builder and register you, and the builder will then allow us to negotiate pricing on your behalf. We've done this many times before and saved our buyer's thousands on new construction homes. Call us if we can help.

Liane Jamason, REALTOR
Smith & Associates Real Estate
727-755-3325
Pamela Cohn, Agent, Clearwater, FL
Wed Apr 3, 2013
Mlwues34,

Sometimes the Builder will require you to use their preferred lender in order for you to get closing costs from them. Their preferred lender should be able to do the VA loan also. It is worth shopping it around to see if there is a difference in the rates that would compensate for the different ways of paying it. I am assuming you are looking for closing costs since you don't have the cash available. There are two ways that is handled, one is the Seller paying (best choice when available) or wrapping them into the loan (the house must still appraise for the total loan amount- this may be easier with new construction but can't still be iffy).

Even with new construction it is good to use a full time professional real estate agent to guide you through the process and point out particular areas to look out for and ask questions. Interview agents till you find one you are comfortable with.

I feel an informed client makes the best decisions regarding their real estate needs. Let me know if I can be of assistance.

Pam Cohn
Broker Associate, GRI, SFR, NHS
Prudential Tropical Realty
pcohn@prutropical.com
727-204-7155
Sheila DeCamp, , Saint Petersburg, FL
Wed Apr 3, 2013
Hi there,
Most likely they will. Most builders are willing to help out owners with closing cost and or upgrades. Feel free to contact me and I will go over the details.

Thanks Sheila DeCamp
sheiladecamp@kw.com
727-265-2678

Realtor Keller Williams Realty