Financing in Grand Rapids>Question Details

Ryanglc1, Home Seller in Grand Rapids, MI

I have MSHDA down payment assistance. If I sell the house and take a loss do I still have to pay the money back?

Asked by Ryanglc1, Grand Rapids, MI Wed Jun 27, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:


Brek Schutten’s answer
I believe that the MSHDA down payment assistance is in the form of a soft second loan. This means that when you purchased the property, they gave you a loan for (up to) $7,500 for your closing costs. You do not have to make any payments on this loan, but if you sell before the allowed time frame, you would be required to pay of the full remaining loan amount. The second loan may be paid on your behalf monthly, so you may only have to pay back a prorated portion of it, but I would have to check with a lender to make sure. Let me know if I can help more. Thanks!
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 27, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer