I am looking for an agent able to help a european citizen buying in Boston and have a mortgage in boston

Asked by sta, Boston, MA Wed Jun 13, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Carey T. Han…, , Massachusetts
Mon Oct 1, 2012
I would be more than happy to help you. GIve me a call anytime. I work 7 days a week and you can call me anytime. Thank you.

Carey Hansen
NextGen Realty
1 vote
Scott Murphy, , 01876
Sun Jun 17, 2012
June has the right of it. Cash solves most of the challenges I'm about to itemize below. But if this person needs a mortgage like you described then these challenges stack up rather quickly. Citizenship/Visa status is the single most important item here. This person needs to demonstrate he/she has business in this country for at least three years before a lender will allow him to purchase a home here. Overcoming that, being able to show he/she has credit/employment/income/assets in this country are the next challenges. I have a UK citizen who has great credit, employment, income and assets back home, but she doesn't even have a social security number over here for me to pull credit on her. And there's no way for me to verify employment, income or assets either. And all her paperwork is in English. The challenges compound when transferring paperwork is in any language other than English. The agents on this thread looking to help will be wise to vet all this out before devoting too much time to someone who may not be able to purchase a home. Give me a shout @ 781-258-1293 if you have questions. I'm helping my UK gal with these items one at a time.
0 votes
June Siple,…, , 02129
Wed Jun 13, 2012
If you are not an American citizen that getting a mortgage is very difficult. If you have a green card or other documentation that will allow you to purchase then I can recommend to you a great lender. If you are interested, please contact me and I will work with you to help you get a pre-approval for a loan based on the appropriate paperwork allowing workers in the US to purchase a home.


Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
0 votes
Kevin Santos, Agent, Hudson, MA
Wed Jun 13, 2012
I make my comment/suggestion as the Chairperson for the International Real Estate Committee of the Massachusetts Association of Realtors. I would suggest that you consider working with a Realtor who has received specialized training in working with Foreign Buyers purchasing properties here in the United States.

Whichever of these Realtors or Agents you chose to work with - I would ask them what training they've received. Those individuals who have obtained what our Association refers to as the CIPS Designation or Certified International Property Specialist Designation have in my opinion completed the most comprehensive training.

Best of Luck and don't hesitate to reach out if you need further guidance.
Kevin L. Santos
Ardent Residential Brokerage, LLC.
Web Reference:  http://www.kevinlsantos.com
0 votes
Jaime Fernan…, , 02472
Wed Jun 13, 2012
Dear Sta,
As much as I would like to help you purchasing your home in Boston, it is important to know what your requirements are and prefer areas to move in. For example, I am bilingual (English/Spanish) but that might or might not make any difference. Also, I am focus in Watertown, Belmont, Waltham, Cambridge, Somerville areas among others but then again it would not help you if you are interested in the other side of town.
I recommend you to select an agent you feel comfortable to work with and that covers those parts of town you might like to buy in.
Welcome to Boston and good luck finding your new home.
0 votes
Richard Shu…, , Boston, MA
Wed Jun 13, 2012
I am more than happy to help you!

Richard Ho

617 803 4806

0 votes
Territory.c…, Agent, MA,
Wed Jun 13, 2012
We specialize in representing home buyers and would be more than happy to help you with your purchase.

Web Reference:  http://territory.com
0 votes
James Furlong, Agent, Brookline, MA
Wed Jun 13, 2012
Good Afternoon. I was born in Ireland but have lived here in Boston since 1988. I am very familiar with all the towns and neighborhoods of Greater Boston. You can reach me at 617-620-0669 or via email at jamesfurlong20@gmail.com.
0 votes
Kerby Stpaul, , Boston, MA
Wed Jun 13, 2012
We are an international franchise and also have mortgage brokers in place to assist you.

Kerby Stpaul
Exit Bayside Realty
Direct: 617-820-1684
Web Reference:  http://Buybostonproperty.com
0 votes
Hassan Boukh…, Agent, Boston, MA
Wed Jun 13, 2012
We service the Greater Boston Area, and would be happy to assist. We can be reached at 617-780-0553 or greaterbostonre@gmail.com.
0 votes
Wen Farina, Agent, Reading, MA
Wed Jun 13, 2012
Where abouts in Boston are you looking to buy? what type of property? etc... email us wen@wenrealty.com are you following or in the Euro UEFA 2012?
Web Reference:  http://www.wenrealty.com
0 votes
Karen Pica, Agent, Boston, MA
Wed Jun 13, 2012
I can help with that. I can be reached via emal or mobile phone.

Karen Pica
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
0 votes
Richard Shap…, , Framingham, MA
Wed Jun 13, 2012
You need a mortgage for a foriegn national. We have that.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more