I am canadian can I get a mortgage in the US (florida)

Asked by Duncan, Florida Center, Orlando, FL Fri Feb 18, 2011

Answers

6
Devi Pokhoy, Agent, Orlando, FL
Tue Apr 5, 2011
Yes, currently I am working with Canadian buyers and I know that you can get a loan with an Canadian bank that is in Florida. They work with your Canadian credit score. Give me a call @ 407-227-3886 and
we can go over it with more details.
Julie Pearce, Agent, Spring Hill, FL
Wed Mar 30, 2011
Yes. Many banks offer international mortgages and deal with international currencies. But for the most flexibility and best rates for your currency exchange, you could look at a company that does currency brokerage like McEwen Consulting LLC. This is a company is based in the United States, with years of experience negotiating the global currency markets. They'll walk you right through, you'll deal with a real person, and they can guarantee currency rates for a couple of years. That way you can take advantage of the stronger Canada dollar (or weaker US dollar, whichever way you look at it!), but you don't have to be in a big hurry to find a US home immediately.
Rudy McDowell, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Bloomfield Hills, MI
Tue Mar 29, 2011
Hi, Duncan. Short answer: Yes. Speak to a local "and licensed" LO in Florida with expereince in doing foreign nationals loans to see if you qualify.
Agnes Tabor, Agent, Naples, FL
Tue Mar 29, 2011
Dear Duncan,

Sure can, I am currently working with buyer from Sweden who I referred mortgge broker. 30% is the magic number and allow extra time for the mortgage company to get all the documents together.

Send me an email if you would like more information.
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Sat Feb 19, 2011
Definitely.....but keeping it real, as a foreign national, you can probably expect to pay a slightly elevated interest rate but loans are out there. We recommend to our Canadian buyers that they investigate Canadian financing prior to considering a US mortgage....this way you'll be able to weigh the pros and cons of each prior to making your best decision.

Mark LeMenag…, Agent, Lake Nona Orlando, FL
Sat Feb 19, 2011
Hi Duncan,

Sure you can. Try an RBC branch here in the US. Let me know if you need a contact. I work with lots of Canadians.

Mark LeMenager
Find your next house with the click of a mouse.
Search the MLS without obligation or registration from my website.