Jnett, Other/Just Looking in Potrero Hill, San Fr...

How many years retro can a San Francisco escape tax be assessed?

Asked by Jnett, Potrero Hill, San Francisco, CA Tue Dec 7, 2010

Answers

4
Llouie9997, , San Francisco County, CA
Fri Jul 15, 2011
I've contacted the assessor's office several times about this, as we have been sent an "escape assessment" from 2005, 6 years ago. I've found on the tax code 390.0065 that limits escape assessments to 4 years. I've sent the assessor's office my findings and disputed the bill, but am still not able to get any straight answers. The assessor's office has sent my concern to the city attorney's office for review, I've not gotten a resolution. Just followed up a few days ago and was told they could not help me until the fiscal year is closed out.

My two cents..."DO NOT CONTACT THE ASSESSOR'S OFFICE, THEY WILL RUN YOU IN CIRCLES"
Lance King, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Thu Dec 16, 2010
you do need to contact the assessor's office. here is the exact web address of their office - http://www.sfassessor.org/

Lance King/Owner-Managing Broker
lance@fixedrateproperties.com
415.722.5549
DRE# 01384425
jo, , Hollywood Hills, Los Angeles, CA
Tue Dec 7, 2010
For tax questions, your best bet is to call the county assessors office.
Jed Lane, Agent, Petaluma, CA
Tue Dec 7, 2010
I think it's five but you should go to the source, the assessors office. The info is easily accessed from sfgov.org.