How long do I have to wait from my short sale (was FHA) to purchase using a USDA loan?

Asked by readytoshop, Saint Augustine, FL Sat May 4, 2013

Answers

1
Trisa Skoglu…, , Saint Augustine, FL
Fri May 24, 2013
That is a great questions. But each person's loan is different. The time frame depends on the seller willing to cooperate and submit the appropriate docs in a timely manner through the short sale processor/negotiator. (All dependant upon who you are using for a Realtor and who they use to process their short sales). I was a short sale processor/negotiator and legal assistant for 6 years for a local law firm in St. Augustine. I am now a Realtor helping customers like yourself to understand how short sales work and their options when listing as a short sale.

Some banks can take over 90 days and some can take 3 months, there are so many variables that determine the length of time a short sale would take.

Feel free to contact me....trisaskoglund@gmail.com
I want to purchase a home through the USDA program, but my short sale from my previous home was only 2 years ago. My question is, since my previous home loan was through FHA - do I really have to wait 3 years before I can purchase again?
Flag Fri May 24, 2013