How do I find a lender who actually knows how to handle USDA loans and special circumstances?

Asked by Rey, Cibolo, TX Thu Apr 4, 2013

I have been trying to locate lenders that actually have knowledge and experience in dealing with USDA loans in Cibolo, TX. I either find lenders with every type of loan listed or I am finding I am telling them things they do not know about the program. Those "things" I am speaking of are only things from the USDA gov website. They do not even know the different categories or addition help that is offered under the same branch.

I have tried to google search for this information, but only few lenders or community spec home agents come up.

I really need someone who knows what they are doing as I am attempting to close on a home by the end of May.

Any guidance is appreciated!

Answers

8
Josh Jackson, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Wed May 29, 2013
Hi Rey, I know of some loan officers who are knowledgeable and have experience in USDA loans. Contact me today so I can point you in the right direction!
, ,
Sat May 18, 2013
I hate to say it but I am one of the leading authorities for USDA loans. Please feel free to check out my Profile and Recommendation. Also, please click on the links below and read some of the comments from my clients. At the end of the day, the consumer is my number one concern.

Best of Luck!

http://www.trulia.com/blog/george_raymondo/2011/04/can_i_buy…

http://www.trulia.com/blog/george_raymondo/2011/03/usda_loan…
Web Reference:  http://www.AFN-Loans.com
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Wed May 8, 2013
If you hired an a buyer broker who is experienced in USDA they will have contacts in the mortgage industry who can help you and be experienced with USDA. If you do not have a buyer broker, then you should start local and contact the trusted loan officers, the problem with google is it is not the Yellow pages, it is a list of lenders who pay to be placed high on the search who may or may not have any knowledge of USDA, do it the old fashioned way and call.
, ,
Wed May 8, 2013
USDA Rural Development Single Family Housing Guaranteed Loan Program

Guaranteed Loans Offer Affordable Financing To Rural Homebuyers.

The mission of USDA Rural Development’s Single Family Housing Guaranteed Loan Program is to assist low to moderate income rural homebuyers achieve their dream of homeownership!

Rural Development partners with approved local lenders to extend 100% financing opportunities to eligible rural individuals and families for the purchase of safe and sanitary dwellings. Guaranteed loans have assisted thousands of homeowners to purchase a home with affordable interest rates and loan terms.

Applicants must purchase a home within the eligible rural areas, and have a household income that does not exceed the established limits where the home is located. Additional Guaranteed Loan Features include but are not limited to:

100% financing, no down payment is required. The loan amount may not exceed 100% of the appraised value, plus the guarantee fee may be included.
Guarantee Fee applies: may be rolled into the loan amount.
Flexible credit guidelines. Non-traditional credit histories may be accepted.
Fixed 30 year interest rates apply. Lenders and applicants agree upon interest rate.
Qualifying ratios are 29% for housing costs and 41% for total debt. Lenders may request an exception to exceed these ratios when strong compensating factors are identified.
No maximum purchase price. Qualifying ratios and the applicant’s stable and dependable income will determine home affordability.

TX John Kirchhoff (254)742-9770 (254)742-9735 john.kirchhoff@tx.usda.gov
, ,
Fri Apr 5, 2013
Check out my personal USDA mortgage website by clicking the following link and then call me to discuss your situation.

http://www.usdamortgageonline.com

John Burke
Senior Mortgage Banker
Peoples Bank & Trust Co.
(877)228-9069
Rey, Home Buyer, Cibolo, TX
Fri Apr 5, 2013
I am coming across lenders who know little more than there is a loan called USDA and they are "certified" to use it.

I even had a lender tell me I needed a 720 score for the program. Another kept pushing for FHA, and I know for certain I meet the guidelines.
, ,
Fri Apr 5, 2013
Hi Rey,

I have a lot of experience closing & funding USDA guaranteed loans. What issues are you coming up against?

John Burke
Senior Mortgage Banker
Peoples Bank & Trust Co.
(877)228-9069
Deborah Mill…, Agent, Durham, NC
Fri Apr 5, 2013
Hey Rey, If you will contact me I will speak to a couple of lenders I know who have a national presence for their peer counter parts that can handle USDA and less than the traditional in loans, I am in NC but certainly willing to help if you do not find someone local who has solved this for you.

Deborah Miller, Real Estate Broker
Coldwell Banker - Advantage
919-491-2826
DMiller.ColdwellBanker@gmail.com