How do I ask my mortgage for help.?

Asked by Bob, Arizona Sun Feb 22, 2009

I can't keep paying. I lost hours at work. I want to stay in my house but don't think I can with my high payment.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


expired, , Seattle, WA
Sun Feb 22, 2009
Hi Bob,

Unfortunately, your current position is common, fortunately, there is help for you.

You can try to contact your mortgage company; typically they won’t help you until you are up to 90 days late. A lot of times when you call your mortgage company you will only reach the mortgage servicer who gets paid by collecting payments and they really have no say in changing your mortgage.
The option that most homeowners that want to keep their home are turning to is Mortgage Modification. With Modification you must be very careful who you choose to represent you, Mortgage Modification attorneys are the best solution for this as they get results, unlike what a licensed Loan Officer or Realtor can get you. Our attorneys are averaging 20-50% reductions and you don't have to wait for 90 days to start the process. You can start now, if you want to save your credit. Also, a guarantee is extremely important for your safety.

If you would like more info, call or email me.

Lise Shdo
Choice Loan Consultant
Area Manager
0 votes
Karen Wenzel,…, Agent, Brookfield, WI
Sun Feb 22, 2009
Don't wait until you fall behind. Your lender will appreciate you being pro-active and contacting them right away. They will most likely ask for documentation of your hardship, but it is possible that they may be willing to work with you until you are back on your feet. The worst thing you can do is ignore it.
Call as soon as possible. You will want to document who you speak to, time, day, and what they will want from you. This may take some time, but should be worth it.

All the Best to you
Web Reference:
0 votes
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Sun Feb 22, 2009
Contact the lender direct request speak with them regards to mortgage assistance. You most likely require to complete a hardship letter. The lender truly does not want your home

NOTE: Keep your insurance current lender can enforce a policy which can be triple your current yearly amount !
Web Reference:
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Financing in Payson Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more