leo184867, Home Owner in West Bend, WI

Help us to get on the va approval list as a condo...only building in the assoc!!! No fees...sketchy condo docs!

Asked by leo184867, West Bend, WI Fri Jan 3, 2014

Answers

3
Kaye Erdman, Agent, West Bend, WI
Fri Jan 3, 2014
I'm not sure a side by side can get VA approval. I'd suggest calling Shelli Ellis from Wells Fargo. If anyone can get you through the system for approval she can. Her phone is 262-893-2942 Her email is Shelli.Ellis@WellsFargo.com She is located in West Bend so she is familiar with the area and the process. Tell her I referred you to her.
Good Luck
Kaye Erdman
First Weber
262-707-4966
Thank you so much...this is a start and we certainly appreciate the info. I will call her tomorrow.
Flag Fri Jan 3, 2014
leo184867, Home Owner, West Bend, WI
Fri Jan 3, 2014
Thanks...but I do not think you read the whole thing...there is only the neighbor and us in this so called "condo"....we are very familiar with condos as we have lived in them for 25 yrs! We served on the board...help right the docs...there are really no docs for this place...a whole 6 pages! All we want is to get this either listed with the va or Fha....as we understand they are very simular. We did look into having it rekisted as a ranch side-by-side...but it is expensive and we would then have one tax bill and water bill...neighbors will not do that and I guess we really don't want to go that route. Is there anything else that can be done?
Jim Simms, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Louisville, KY
Fri Jan 3, 2014
Read your question, do you think any lender can work with sketchy condo docs? I have a hard time getting a condo approved when all of the ducks are in a row. Call an HOA meeting; redo your docs so lenders can work with them.

If it is a horizontal regime consider un-condo as a solution. If you convert it to fee simple title you don’t need condo approval. see the link below. Good luck,

Jim Simms
NMLS # 6395
JSimms@cmcloans.com
Financing Kentucky One Home at a Time
I answer questions about financing real estate based on my decades of experience dealing with mortgage underwriters. This answer is my personal opinion, has not been reviewed or approved by the company I work for. I do not offer legal or tax advice, if you need answers from an attorney or CPA find one knowledgeable in your local market.