Help for a family of 6 with low income

Asked by A987123, 42164 Wed Sep 21, 2011

We have a monthly income of $694.00. We have 4 children the oldest 5 and youngest 1. My husband has a sleeping disorder and cant be left alone to babysit the kids for me to find a job, and also we dont know anyone, or have any family or friends that will babysit for me to find a job, and on top of that we have no vehicle. we are living in a crappy trailer because it is all we can afford. My question is: is there a way for us to get some help in purchasing a home or finding another one for people with low income? My credit is poor due to when i was younger and less mature. Is there any hope for us?

Answers

2
Joe Wade, Agent, Pittsburgh, PA
Sun Aug 18, 2013
I can help you with ideas to rebuild your credit that will help get you back on track for a plan on buying a home. There are homes available for any budget. There is always hope!
Shane Milne, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, South Jordan, UT
Wed Sep 21, 2011
USDA Rural Housing will likely be one of the best options as it's 100% financing and if your income is no more than the "low" bracket ($38,100 for 2 people, $42,850 for 3, $47,600 for 4 people and it goes up from there depending on how many people are living in the home) then you may even be eligible for a payment subsidy which would give you money to assist with making the mortgage payments. It's for homes in rural areas, and Scottsville and everything around it for awhile is eligible (all the way to Bowling Green). You should contact Terry Loper or any "Area Specialist" at the Columbia Service Center office located in Columbia, KY, phone number is (270) 384-6431 ext 4.