Financing in 57105>Question Details

Anita, Home Buyer in 57105

Hello my name is Anita and I'm a Vet,I want to know how long do student loans have to be in deferment for them not to be counted as debt with a

Asked by Anita, 57105 Mon Jul 30, 2012

VA ln. my student loans are in deferment for a year but the mortgage wants then to be extended longer which is no problem but they want them done from a future date that's not here yet. Is this even possibl?

0 votes Share Flag Financing in 57105

Answers

2
I just had this scenario last month. Student loans need to be deferred at least one year with a Wells Fargo VA home loan and they will not count against your debt level.

If you have concerns of a high level of debt or DTI - debt to income ratio then you should seek out a veteran loan officer who can find ways to put your loan scenario in the best possible position to get approved through underwriting.

I am up for that challenge!

I recently got a Veteran approved for a $498,000 home purchase loan despite him having been unemployed for 5 months this year and his job is a 4 hour drive from home...

Contact me via text or talk 858-805-5347 bryan.horn@wellsfargo.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 13, 2014
Hi Anita, feel free to contact me with questions regarding your situation. I have seen instances where student loan debt doesn't need to be deferred when it comes to a VA loan under certain circumstances. Feel free to call me at my office at 605-275-2777, or email at craig@advanamortgage.com