Have you had a particularly good experience with any loan officers / mortgage brokers?

Asked by Adrian Chu, Seattle, WA Tue Sep 6, 2011

Answers

12
Penny Pickett, , Seattle, WA
Thu Sep 8, 2011
Adrian - I am beyond delighted to answer this particular question because I truly have had an exceptional experience with actually two loan officers. Here is one name I cannot say enough about - this is a "complete" package loan officer who dedicates herself entirely to fulfilling every singe aspect for her clients - and her follow-up is considerate, steadfast and influential:

Diana Meacham
Sterling Savings Bank | Home Loan Division
Sr. Loan Officer
Direct: 206-287-5776
Fax: 206-381-1929
Diana.Meacham@SterlingSavings.com
Shari Laverty, Agent, Redmond, WA
Tue Sep 6, 2011
Absolutely! Over the years I have met great lenders/loan officers and not so great loan officers. The best really set themselves apart by caring about my clients and providing excellent customer service. To me that means, listening to my clients needs, matching them with the best program for them, being available, explaining things to my clients (over and over if needed), going over the HUD statement and being at closing. In return, I respect those lenders and am delighted to refer them to other clients in need of a qualified and caring broker.
Tonya Brobeck, , Everett, WA
Wed Sep 7, 2011
Yes, Rachel Hawthorne with Wells Fargo in Lynnwood, WA
Leah Pham, Agent, Seattle, WA
Tue Sep 6, 2011
I have had great service from Cobalt Mortgage - I'd recommend you google them and see what they are all about! I appreciate that they are local, and that they lend their own money. They have consistent on-time closings, and are very good about meeting your clients in person, and are available nights/weekends. Good luck!
Web Reference:  http://www.LeahPham.com
Kary Krismer, Agent, Renton, WA
Tue Sep 6, 2011
Of course. And conversely, two of my worst financing situations have been where the buyer was using someone they knew from another source. In one case the pre-approved buyer had to have his parents sign in order to get the house. I consider that a disaster. In another case after the financing fell through we switched to our preferred LO, and she was able to push the deal through with only about a 10 day delay, but we could have negotiated a better if we'd started with her in the beginning.

On listings I'll almost always as the buyer's agent if the lender is someone they're familiar with, or someone the buyer found. If it's the latter I'll tell my seller that, and warn them that it's a concern.
Jennifer Gil…, Agent, Puyallup, WA
Tue Sep 6, 2011
Of course! I've been working with Stefanie Fernando at Northwest Mortgage Alliance for several years. In fact, she has closed most of my buyers' transactions! Her service is OUTSTANDING! She has the patience and professionalism to get the most challenging transactions closed. Her model is similar to the one Craig mentions here, and she has the ability to do most of the unique loan programs out there.

Stefanie Fernando
Northwest Mortgage Alliance
253.569.0179
SFernando@NWMortgageAlliance.com
Mack McCoy, Agent, Seattle, WA
Tue Sep 6, 2011
Sure. Absolutely.

It's actually remarkable when I don't, to tell you the truth. I have my people I refer clients to - people that I use personally for my own financing - but the overall quality is high.

That doesn't mean that there aren't problems, and loan reps are human and vary in their communication styles - but Seattle is, in my opinion, well-serviced by the mortgage community.
Craig Blackm…, Other Pro, Seattle, WA
Tue Sep 6, 2011
Tom Goldsmith at Cobalt Mortgage is awesome. I've heard good things about other correspondent lenders too -- their model gives them the flexibility of a broker but you get to deal directly with the lender which can be VERY important depending on the wrinkles in the transaction.
Web Reference:  http://thomasgoldsmith.com/
Caroltrulia, Renter, United Neighbors Together, Rochester, NY
Fri Sep 13, 2013
Dean Orrico, Agent, Normandy Park, WA
Wed Jun 6, 2012
I've worked on over $250 million in loans and would recommend Nick Wilson / Legacy Group or Trevor Bennett / Guild Mortgage
Patrick Beri…, Agent, Seattle, WA
Wed Sep 28, 2011
Tina Mitchell
Cobalt Mortgage
206-686-8462
http://www.tinamitchell.com
Adrian Chu, Agent, Seattle, WA
Fri Sep 16, 2011
Thank you for all your suggestions!

Adrian Chu
Broker, Realtor®
Quorum - Laurelhurst, Inc.
Direct: 206.407.5452
E-mail: Adrian@AdrianChu.net
Web Reference:  http://www.AdrianChu.net