Has anyone used lendingtree.com? It seems like a good place to start. . . .

Asked by Esue, Mon Jul 21, 2008

Answers

4
Jessica Bate…, Agent, Beverly Hills, CA
Thu Oct 3, 2013
I would steer clear of Lendingtree unless you want to get 20 calls and emails a day for months. A better option is The Lenders Network, they will only send you to one or two lenders that offer the right type of loan you need.
Will, , Atlanta, GA
Mon Jul 21, 2008
As a reputable lender myself, I would recommend locating the banks yourself.
Katherine Da…, Agent, Atlantic Beach, FL
Mon Jul 21, 2008
Do yourself a HUGE favor and work with someone local who you can sit across the desk from. Work with a mortgage person who is with a reputable company and who has standing in the community. Find someone who will ANSWER THE PHONE every time you call AND will recognize you to say hey to you in the grocery store. That someone will care about you and your purchase. That person will go to the mat for you, this time, and the next time, and the next time...This transaction is way too important to trust to a faceless entity. Good luck.
Vicky Chrisn…, , 20176
Mon Jul 21, 2008
RUN FOR YOUR LIFE. Most of these are mortgage brokers, which are risky enough in their own right. I prefer working with direct lenders. However, definately get a referral to someone you can trust. Do you have an agent? If so, they usually work with several lenders they can recommend. If not, then email me with your location, and I will happily work my networks to get you a referral to one or more LOCAL (important) lenders who will be able to assist you. VChrisner@kw.com
Web Reference:  http://www.VickyChrisner.com