First time homebuyer

Asked by John, New Jersey Wed May 23, 2012

I want to buy my first house, I have a been working at my current job for 16 years, I have a low credit score but can put around down $10000. How do find a company willing to give me a loan.

Answers

5
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Thu May 24, 2012
Much will depend on just how low your credit is, therefore for a personalized answer visit with any licensed loan officer(s)....
Robert Green…, Agent, Cherry Hill, NJ
Thu May 24, 2012
Hi John.

I regularly work with lenders who specialize in credit challenges. Call me....856-575-1818.

Here are a few testimonials from recent First-time buyers:

"It was such a pleasure working with Rob! Being first time home buyers, my girlfriend and I were a bit intimidated by the whole process. Rob definitely made sure that all of our questions were answered and all of our worries attended to. He's a patient, easy to talk to, and dedicated individual who kept the house hunting process fun and exciting. Can't wait to work with him again with any future real estate business we may have." - MC

"Robert is an expert when it comes to homes in South Jersey. He is also very generous with his time and knowledge and will not stop until you find the house that fits your wants and needs. He stuck with me for 6 months until I found my home and now I just moved in! Thanks Rob!" - RH

"Finding our home wasn't easy. We had many pitfalls during our quest for the perfect house. He was always there and when we wanted to give up, he always has an encouraging word. Anything we needed or had questions about if he could help us he did. I would definitely recommend him." SP

Call me, 856-575-1818.

Robert Greenblatt
856-575-1818
The Agent That Always Calls You Back!

PS - my website has demographic information for all towns in the area. You can find school ratings, crime statistics, and much more.
Robert Milia…, Agent, Medford, NJ
Thu May 24, 2012
First we need to view your credit and see exactly what your score is. Then speak with a few Mortgage Lenders and obtain a plan. If you need help please call me.
Ines De La C…, Agent, Marlton, NJ
Wed May 23, 2012
Hello John,
Thanks for your question.
It is great you hear you have had the same job for that long and that you have save some funds to buy your first home.
When you say you have a low credit score, how low is it? The lenders have to follow guidelines so if you are not within their parameters you will need to follow some credit repair assistance with no cost to you.
If you need names let me know and I will gladly have them you get in touch with one of them to guide you through the process.
Ines De La Cruz, Realtor
Accredited Buyer Representative.
RE/MAX Connection
Jessica Noon…, Agent, Medford, NJ
Wed May 23, 2012
Most lenders will require a credit score of at least 640, however there are a few who may allow scores as low as 620. If your score is lower than 620, you will have a hard time finding financing from traditional lenders. However, most lenders will work with you to determine what you can do to increase your credit. I would suggest you team up with a lender and come up with a plan of action to increase your credit score to put you in a better position for financing.

Best of luck!

Jessica Nooney
Weichert Realtors