First time home buyers looking for advice. We have a range of 130000-150000. Currently working on fixing silly mistakes on credit report

Asked by Kvpt88007, Tue Sep 4, 2012

What should we have saved and what should we be looking forward to?

Answers

8
Arpapp174, Home Owner, Clayton, NC
Tue Jun 18, 2013
DId you find a home yet or are you still looking?
Jerry Gabriel, , Clayton, NC
Wed Sep 5, 2012
My suggestion is for you to contact Kevin Martini of Sun Trust Mortgage 919-858-0023. He is the Mortgage expert
and can advise you on how much money you need saved and how much house you can finance.
The 130-150 range in Clayton is 3 beds, 2 bath, square footage running from 1100 to 1300. I'd
be glad to set you up to get information on existing and new homes as homes come onto the market.
You would need to send me your name, email address and tell me what you would like to have in
your home. My email address is jerrygabriel@kw.com

Jerry Gabriel
Keller Williams Realty-Cary
919-333-4419
Dawn Anderson, Agent, Clayton, NC
Tue Sep 4, 2012
Everyone here is right- the USDA program is up in the air as they are preparing to remap the area since some of it's "rural-ness" has changed. But first and foremost get pre-approved so you know what you're working with and it is a confidence builder when it comes to sellers to know you have all your ducks in a row. If you go to my website you can see one of the lenders I use and I have several others well versed in USDA as well as credit building.

I look forward to speaking with you at your convenience. Dawn 919-960-6321
Sandy Woodard, Agent, Garner, NC
Tue Sep 4, 2012
You have been advised about the USDA program which is zero percent down. However USDA is in process of remapping Johnston Co. FHA just underwent a change with their guidelines. The 3.5% down is still in effect, but a great lender can advise you concerning your qualifications and credit history/report. I have several lenders that can help and advise you the best possible route that needs to be taken. If you act quickly, you may qualify to be "grandfather'd" in with USDA depending on when the new changes take effect. If I can assist you in any way, please call me. 919-524-0224 or email at sandywoodard@nc.rr.com. Check out our website at http://www.advantagecb.com/sandywoodard. Good luck!
Jenni McKnig…, Agent, Clayton, NC
Tue Sep 4, 2012
You are probably looking at about 2 months+ to repair credit issues. There are lenders who can put you in a repair/consultation program for next to nothing. $250 to repair things and get you on the right track is money well spent. I have a lender who will put you in this program and then apply that money back to you once you close on a house with him. Please email or call me for further details and more help. You can also obtain one copy of your credit report free annually. If you go to this site, http://www.freecreditreport.com/ you can access your report and pay $1 for your credit score. Once doing that, you'll cancel the free-trial so you don't get charged monthly. Once you start working with a lender, you'll be asked to provide lots of documentation for your report "fixes" as well as anything that changes. IE. work history, payments into and out of your bank accounts, etc.

I'm always here to help and look forward to hearing from you,
Jenni (919) 628-9936
jennimmcknight@hotmail.com
, ,
Tue Sep 4, 2012
You certainly want to get yourself Pre-Approved by discussing things in greater detail with your trusted loan officer. You and the property you are interested in purchasing might be eligible for USDA 100% RD loan program but you definitely need to consult your lender first!

Otherwise, you could safely work on accumulating 3.5% of the purchase price which represents your minimum down payment for an FHA loan which another very popular program today!

Check out my website for loan calculators, current rates and even pre-approval if you so choose as I would be happy to assist you with the process. Give me a call so we could talk about the "fixing of silly mistakes".....you want to be careful what you say to creditors in your report if you don't have someone advising you of the ramifications of said communication as it could be detrimental to your scores.
David O'Dohe…, Agent, Clayton, NC
Tue Sep 4, 2012
Well the USDA has a zero $ down program but it is up in the air right now and currently all of Johnston County qualifies.
In that price range you will find some new homes on small lots and some older homes that might offer larger lots with some privacy, depends on what you like. Eleanor Thorne know everything about the USDA program, send her an email.
eleavor@gmail.com
Rose Hammond, Agent, Johnston, RI
Tue Sep 4, 2012
My suggestion is to go to my web site at http://WWW.RosesRealty.com and in the upper left corner click on mortgage lenders. Email or talk to several of them. Choose one you feel comfortable with and then have them tell you the amount of money you will need. Keep in mind a good buyers agent (like me) can write your closng costs into the loan or ask the seller to pay them. Looking forward to showing you houses. May I email you some listings?
yes that would be fine
Flag Tue Sep 4, 2012