Financing: See question details

Asked by AESB, Port Saint Lucie, FL Sat Aug 7, 2010

I am 22 months post Ch.7 bankruptcy, which does NOT include a foreclosure. I had to file a Ch.7 due to a divorce 09/07. My present credit scores are over 700. I have verifiable retirement income, low DTIR, and have 20% down of the < $30K mortgage I'm seeking. Which Underwriters will qualifying my criteria for past bankruptcy history?

Answers

4
Carl Ashton, , Boca Raton, FL
Fri Aug 20, 2010
You are approved ! and can do FHA at 3.5 % down! Your retirement income is more than you think if on socail security we add 25% to the income to quailify you as you do not pay taxes on the income

You can apply at our website below
Monir Mamoun, Agent, Denville, NJ
Sat Aug 7, 2010
Ironically the small loan amount you seek may be a bigger issue than the bankruptcy, which some lenders could otherwise overlook if everything else is good.

It is hard to get traditional lenders to come in under $80,000. There is a lot of expensive paperwork involved and it is hard for a lender to make sufficient revenue from very small loan.

Small-balance mortgages are available, though you may have to pay a bit of a higher rate. Check with your local community banks, credit unions and even stock brokerage companies -- they sometimes handle smaller deals that traditional mortgage brokers may not.
Christopher…, Agent, Methuen, MA
Sat Aug 7, 2010
Every lender has different guidelines and standards. I recommend that you talk with several mortgage brokers and ask them if they have any loan programs that you will qualify for. Mortgage brokers represent a portfolio of loan programs so by talking with several of them you will cover a lot of lenders quickly.
Web Reference:  http://teamlefebvre.net
Coleen Hugney, Agent, Jupiter, FL
Fri Aug 13, 2010
You should not have a problem, be sure to go to a "BANK" rather than a Mortgage Broker. We are having a lot less problems closing if you are bank approved. The problem may be the $30,000 mortgage. That amount is pretty low for a lender to bother with.