FHA APPRAISAL QUESTION??

Asked by J, 80205 Fri Jan 9, 2009

FHA APPRAISAL QUESTION??My offer just got accepted on a home in denver, I am using FHA financing. I found out the FHA appraisal went thru fine but....I know the appraisal was done without the water turned on and without a working furnace (the wires had been cut). Should I have any concerns as the homebuyer, it seems like the appraiser didn't do his/her job????? thanks.

Answers

1
Randy Hooker, Agent, Chandler, AZ
Fri Jan 9, 2009
Hi J!

You should already have signed a HUD form titled "For Your Protection,Get an Inspection." Do you recall seeing that form? If not, here's a link to it: http://24-7homefinder.com/newsimages/FHA%20HUD%20FORM.pdf ~ a very straightforward disclosure regarding the purchase of homes with an FHA loan, and the difference between an appraisal and an inspection. Best advice I could give you is to read this form carefully. Next step would be to discuss the situation with your Buyer's Agent. You do have one, don't you?

...randy