Do you think interest rates will jump up next year?

Asked by Alesia Amos, Moneta, VA Thu Nov 4, 2010

The current economy has many buyers worried and mortgage rates going up may hurt the market again.

Answers

6
Pat Bailey, Agent, Moneta, VA
Mon Jan 27, 2014
Absolutely... as our economy continues to improve, it is highly likely that rates will rise. However, this should be a great opportunity to buy while rates are still low and before appreciation starts to rise...
Call Pat today to discuss investment opportunities at Smith Mountain Lake 540-874-5249
The Stephen…, Agent, Portland, OR
Thu Nov 4, 2010
It is hard to say. I think home prices will continue to fall next year in most places and if that is true, interest rates will remain relatively low by sheer necessity.
Young Choi, , Fairfax County, VA
Thu Nov 4, 2010
Well, I checked today's rate from Home Savings of America, Tuan Tran 703-533-8866, it actually went down. Rates are still going up and down for 0.125.
They usually predict for next day or sometimes next week but I don't think anyone can predict for next year. It's like saying something for next year's stock market.
Jim McCowan, Agent, Arlington, VA
Thu Nov 4, 2010
Who knows what will happen, but I don't think they will "jump" up if they do start to rise.
Andy Krumholz, Agent, Reston, VA
Thu Nov 4, 2010
With the announcement of more bond buying (600 Billion) by the Fed, that will keep interest rates low for a while. When the economy starts to really improve, interest rates will glide upwards.

Andy
Mark Meredith, Agent, Saint George, UT
Thu Nov 4, 2010
Yes, today was the first day rates went up in 5 months,