Do you need a real estate license in the state of Georgia to do a cash flow note business?

Asked by Relaxedn10city, Atlanta, GA Fri Apr 17, 2009

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Asri Joda, Home Buyer, Los Angeles, CA
Fri Jun 19, 2009
complete your training with online, which is way faster and easier to get your license.
0 votes
Ace, , 50123
Mon May 18, 2009
If you do not intend to originate the cash flow notes you don't need a license.
0 votes
Relaxedn10ci…, , Atlanta, GA
Mon Apr 20, 2009
Thanks Much to all!!... Very good advice!
0 votes
Michael Hamm…, Agent, Suwanee, GA
Sat Apr 18, 2009
Based on what you described in your thread, Relaxed, the answer would likely be "No" as I read Georgia License Law on Finder's Fees, but remember we are Realtors, not lawyers. Good Luck!
0 votes
Relaxedn10ci…, , Atlanta, GA
Sat Apr 18, 2009
The cash flow note business is one in which you get paid a finder's fee for referring sellers of notes to investors that may be interested in purchasing them at a discount. A note could be anything from a privately held promissory note involving real estate, to lawsuit settlements, to lottery winnings or a structured annuity of some sort. My only role is to find the interested seller, gather the necessary info and post the info onto a website that investors who may be interested in buying belong to. I don't give financial advice and I don't sell any real estate or buy any. I am simply referring business. Some states however, do require that you have a real estate license to conduct this business. Thus far in my research it appears that I do not need one but I am exploring this info still. I'm just trying to do my due diligence before beginning. Thanks so Much For Your Feedback.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more