Do you need a real estate license in the state of Georgia to do a cash flow note business?

Asked by Relaxedn10city, Atlanta, GA Fri Apr 17, 2009

Answers

5
Asri Joda, Home Buyer, Los Angeles, CA
Fri Jun 19, 2009
complete your training with online, which is way faster and easier to get your license.

http://www.realestatelicense.com/real-estate-license-ga/
Ace, , 50123
Mon May 18, 2009
If you do not intend to originate the cash flow notes you don't need a license.
Relaxedn10ci…, , Atlanta, GA
Mon Apr 20, 2009
Thanks Much to all!!... Very good advice!
Michael Hamm…, Agent, Suwanee, GA
Sat Apr 18, 2009
Based on what you described in your thread, Relaxed, the answer would likely be "No" as I read Georgia License Law on Finder's Fees, but remember we are Realtors, not lawyers. Good Luck!
Relaxedn10ci…, , Atlanta, GA
Sat Apr 18, 2009
The cash flow note business is one in which you get paid a finder's fee for referring sellers of notes to investors that may be interested in purchasing them at a discount. A note could be anything from a privately held promissory note involving real estate, to lawsuit settlements, to lottery winnings or a structured annuity of some sort. My only role is to find the interested seller, gather the necessary info and post the info onto a website that investors who may be interested in buying belong to. I don't give financial advice and I don't sell any real estate or buy any. I am simply referring business. Some states however, do require that you have a real estate license to conduct this business. Thus far in my research it appears that I do not need one but I am exploring this info still. I'm just trying to do my due diligence before beginning. Thanks so Much For Your Feedback.