Financing in 01741>Question Details

Megdc, Home Owner in 01741

As an American citizen living abroad with a condo in Washington, D.C. can I re-finance even if I am exempt from paying US taxes?

Asked by Megdc, 01741 Wed Aug 8, 2012

I have heard from some companies that they cannot do a remote closing and I've heard from others that since I am exempt from paying U.S. taxes (since I am paying taxes abroad etc.) that they cannot process a re-finance.

0 votes Share Flag Financing in 01741

Help the community by answering this question:


Your best bet would be to talk with a bank that does business in your home country as well as the U.S. The best international bank I've dealt with has been Scotia Bank/Bank of America. If your country has a Scotia Bank, you should speak with them about the U.S. re-fi.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Jul 6, 2014
I am completeing an investment property right for a couple who live in Asia. Contact me wiht your details and I will let you know your options.

Contact me via my profile.

0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 9, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer