Are you finding more condo associations not qualifying for FHA financing?

Asked by Mike Stawizky, 48382 Wed Apr 13, 2011

Answers

2
Rose Anderson’s answer
Rose Anderson, , Livonia, MI
Wed May 4, 2011
There is not necessarily less conbos that qualify - until recently, the lender could do a 'spot approval' for FHA financing. This rule has been changed and either the condo association of someone approval by FHA must submit an applicatoin for approval for full FHA financing. As you probably have noticed, there are not a lot of condos on FHA's approved list. The process is somewhat labor and document intensive so you probably will not have much luck getting the condo association to take on this task. I'm not sure why the homeowner's don't pressure their assocatioin to do this, it certainly is a great selling tool and a benefit to all association members to be able to offer FHA financing on their units. There are some companies that will do the approval paperwork for a fee, contact me for their information.
Pam Bava, Agent, Rochester, MI
Fri Apr 15, 2011
Yes, it is getting harder to get FHA financing with condos. Too much outstanding debt with HOA fees. go to http://www.hud.gov to check the address and see if it qualifies.