Are there coventional loans for rehabilitation.?

Asked by Moneky25, Brooklyn, NY Sat Jun 22, 2013

I'm looking to resale, and know that 203 (k) Loans can be used to for investors. Are there any other coventional programs for flipping.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Paul Marzolla, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Fort Lee, NJ
Mon Jun 24, 2013
Actually there is a great conventional rehabilitation loan product out there; better known as the Fannie Mae HomeStyle. I highly prefer the HomeStyle to 203(k)'s only because you have more options and wouldn't necessarily have to pay mortgage insurance; even if you're above 80% loan-to-value.

You're allowed to make just about any repairs / renovations and you can utilize this program on all residential properties including your Primary, 2nd home, or Investment property. There are a lot of details we should discuss as there are necessary steps that must be taken properly. If you'd like to find out more and determine the absolute best way to structure your mortgage for success please contact me at your earliest convenience.

Kindest regards,

Paul F. Marzolla
Sr. Mortgage Consultant
(201) 957-6768
0 votes
Javier Menes…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Melville, NY
Sun Jun 23, 2013
Unfortunately you won't find any conventional loan products that are made to rehab a property. The FHA 203(k) is the only one and it is for primary residence only, no investors.

If my response was helpful, consider clicking BEST ANSWER!

Javier Meneses
Senior Loan Officer
NMLS #23130
310 Crossways Park Drive
Woodbury, NY 11797
(516) 606-9648 Cell
(631) 659-2011 Office
(516) 918-5383 Fax
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more