Are there any Banks or homeowners willing to work with someone on land contract anymore?

Asked by dejmaya, 48532 Tue Nov 19, 2013

Answers

4
, ,
Tue Nov 19, 2013
Land contracts are few and far between. Most buyers seeking a land contract are doing so because of credit issues, and folks that own their property outright generally don't want to carry a note for someone who the banks don't want to lend money too - that just means it will be tougher to pay off the land contract when it is due. Most sellers just want to sell it outright as opposed to being in a landlord-type situation.

There are some properties out there, but you're not going to have your pick of the litter. My opinion is that if you can't get the exact house that you want you'd be better off renting until you can qualify for a mortgage and take your pick of homes. Land contracts generally require a down payment, and what if you wind up not liking the house? You can give it back to the seller but then you are out any money you've given them.

Just my two cents. Best of luck!
Penny Bradley, Agent, Bloomfield Hills MI 48304, MI
Tue Nov 19, 2013
hello

what area are you interested in buying with a land contract?
what kind of downpayment do you have?
please contact me at 586 663-3433 or pennysbradley@yahoo.com

Best Regards
Penny Bradley
Associate Broker
RE/MAX in the Hills
Karen Paytas, Agent, Clinton Twp, MI
Tue Nov 19, 2013
Good Morning!

As far as I'm aware no banks will work with land contracts. As for homeowners, they must have a free and clear home or a mortgage without a due on sale clause to be able to do a land contract. If not, the owner would have to get the permission from their lender to sell on land contract and the lender is going to want to approve the buyer. Which if you know you can't qualify for a mortgage the bank most likely wouldn't approve you to purchase the home on the land contract.

There are some land contracts out there but they seem to be fewer and far between.

Good Luck,

Karen Paytas, GRI, CMS
Real Living Kee Realty
586-709-8465
kpaytas@mirealsource.com
Haig Istambo…, Agent, Rochester, MI
Tue Nov 19, 2013

You will not have any luck looking for a Land Contract through a Bank, but there are a lot of Private Owners & Investors that do Land Contracts. The inventory may not be great in the areas that you are looking in, but they are out there.

I would suggest working with a Realtor to help you view listings that are available on a Land Contract. My contact information is listed below, send me an email with the areas that you are looking in, the criteria that you are looking for in a home and how much you have to put down, and I will see if anything is listed in the areas you desire.

HAIG
(248) 379-6547
realtorhaig@aol.com