Agents and lenders: Anyone know how I would go about getting new tags for a titled mobile home. I have the title, but the tags have been removed.

Asked by Juanita Buskard - The Buskard Group, Wyoming, MI Fri Oct 22, 2010

Mobile home tags missing

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Robb Breen, Agent, Newaygo, MI
Fri Oct 22, 2010
The procedure depends on if you plan on leaving the home titled or are going to file an affidavit of affixture. If you are going to file an affidavit of affixture all you will need is the serial number from the title. Are you missing the HUD tags or just the label from the inside of the home? HUD tags don't necessarily get replaced. You can order a tag verification letter from . That website should give you the info you need.
0 votes
Jeff Kremers, Agent, Grandville, MI
Thu Jul 19, 2012
Should be able to contact the Mfg. and send them a copy of the title and get new tags.
0 votes
Juanita Busk…, Agent, Wyoming, MI
Mon Oct 25, 2010
Thanks Robb! Should have just asked you when we were on the phone the other day. LOL
0 votes
Robb Breen, Agent, Newaygo, MI
Fri Oct 22, 2010
Call me. We go through this a lot.
0 votes
Sonya Loose, Agent, Beaverton, MI
Fri Oct 22, 2010
Hi Juanita, I know there is a way....visit the state of michigan site or call them at the number where they take care of the Affadavit of Affixture. I remember hearing the process but it has been awhile! Good luck!
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more