Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Financing in Fenton : Real Estate Advice

  • All65
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying13
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 6
Sun Oct 4, 2015
Hi Erin
Technically your mortgage or note probably has an occupancy clause tied to it, however these clauses are not air-tight and extenuating circumstances like the family out growing the home would be a good reason to move. Odds are so long as the mortgage continues to be made on time you will never have an issue.

If you apply for a new loan to purchase a home FROM THE SAME LENDER, they may give you a tough time because you represented to them that you'd occupy the old home. But if that's the case then just get approved through a new lender.

If you'd like a new pre-approval feel free to give me a call and I can walk you through the process and help identify your options and any roadblocks. I'm local, experienced, and can even refer you to a Realtor if you need one

Tony Grech
Luxury Mortgage
NMLS 977416
... more
1 vote 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 27, 2015
Mary Ann Stadler answered:
Hi Michael,
I'm a local real estate agent with Berkshire Hathaway in Fenton. I grew up in this area so I'm very familiar it. It looks like you're on the right track rebuilding your credit.

With your 5 year great rental history I would also suggest contacting a lender to see if you qualify for a conventional home loan as well. Although land contracts are nice, the interest rate is quite a bit higher. I have several great lenders that would be happy to work with you to pre-qualify you.

If you aren't working with an agent yet, I'd love to help find your home. I can be reached at (810) 869-1332.

Sincerely - Mary Ann Stadler @SoldbyMAS
Turning an ADDRESS into your NEW HOME!
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 1, 2013
Ann Hernandez-Gabler answered:
If you have a non occupying co-borrower you should look at an FHA product. I work with a lender who is experienced in this areal. Give me a call or send me a text.
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 11, 2012
Steven Melchor answered:

You've received a lot of answers here and one piece of advice I can give you is to check out a few to make sure they are working for you. Jeff Tufford of Monarch Mortgage has always worked well for me with folks in your situation. Many times within one year of bankruptcy he can get them financed. It's a great time to look for a home and a mortgage. Give him a call 810.606.1000 x 15. Tell him Melch referred you.

Whichever person you choose, I'm hoping you get your financing and eventually the home of your dreams. Feel free to give me a no obligation call. What you need is help and advice. The score you present is a good score so you may not have much to work on and may be able to get financing now.

Steven Melchor a.k.a. Melch
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 24, 2012
Michelle Payne answered:

Land contracts are possible but you usually pay more for the house then you normally would and the interests rates are usually much higher. I have the names of skilled mortgage officers that may be able to help you obtain a FHA or Conventional loan. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 30, 2012
Michelle Payne answered:
Hi Rick,
If you need a local mortgage company that gives 10% conv loans, let me know.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Financing in Fenton Zip Codes