Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Farmington : Real Estate Advice

  • All3
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying2
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 2
Tue Dec 21, 2010
Michael Ofsanik answered:
The homeowner's insurance policy should cover this since it was accidental and not malicious on the part of the inspector. Anyone could have bumped the stove and had the same occur. If the policy has lapsed or is insufficient the inspector should have General Liability insurance to cover it. E&O insurance covers Errors & Omissions from their inspection and report.

Purchasing a fire damaged home is not a problem if corrected properly. Take photos before, during and after remodeling in case it is an issue in the future.

Make sure you have smoke and CO alarms with good back-up batteries. Test them monthly and replace the batteries every 6 months.
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 11, 2010
Skip Ordway answered:
I have a 3 bedroom, 2 full bath which is available in Hunts Park in farmington,ny. $8,990. witgh central air
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Farmington Zip Codes