Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Falmouth : Real Estate Advice

  • All34
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying10
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 27
Sun May 7, 2017
John Bullock answered:
On Zillow, you can report a problem with a listing. On Trulia you can't. The axiom that the "Internet isn't perfect" doesn't mean we build systems without feedback loops allowing error correction. Sounds like a great way to send customers to the competition. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 3, 2017
Mindyourbusiness asked:
I expect an answer today or will call the Attorney General and the Better Business Bureau.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 31, 2017
UpNest answered:
I would first ask a realtor who understands the housing market in Falmouth. Have you tried You can consult with realtors for free and find one who specializes in buildings and lots. It's important to ask someone with very specific experience. Plus, you can compare realtor fees and services. ... more
0 votes 15 answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 5, 2016
Taduffy273 asked:
Mon Aug 24, 2015
Holly Bowlin answered:
This really depends on the contract that you have signed and the wording in the contract. If you contact the builder and ask them about changing lots and they give you any pushback then it is best to contact an attorney and have them review the contract to see if you have room in the terms of the agreement to make that switch. I am a Realtor but am also an attorney and may be able to assist you if needed. My email is and my phone is (508)317-1209 ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Jul 28, 2015
Peigi2 answered:
Is there any site that lists the condo fees for condos on the cape? I live in a condo and I want a comparison to other condos. Thanks in advance.
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Fri May 1, 2015
chunchytkjames asked:
Mon Feb 23, 2015
Diana Hellman answered:
My recommendation is for you to google local real estate agencies around the Famouth area and contact a realtor. It is probably a little too early to find rentals at this time of year, but when you contact them, you should ask for some kind of monitoring by the agent, and if possible , to set you up with a weekly auto email for rentals coming to market. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Jul 22, 2014
Scott Godzyk answered:
The bank simply will not lend for over priced homes these days. A realistic value needs to be placed that is based on similar sales with similar views unless the buyer has cash and wants to pay what ever they want ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 21, 2014
Sherry Moran answered:
Jack Conway & Company has been continually in business in Massachusetts since 1956. Please contact our office at 508-540-4200 for your real estate needs for the entire Cape Cod region.
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 9, 2013
Heath Coker answered:
Pets may be a problem for an owner's insurance.

I would use a local rental professional to save time and money and also to make sure you don't miss a great rental.

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.) ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Dec 8, 2013
Gary Smith answered:
With all of the recent changes in Flood Insurance, an elevation certificate is a good idea to get an accurate quote for properties in flood zones. You would have to hire an engineering company to do this. But if you are financing the purchase, most if not all banks will require this. ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Sun Nov 17, 2013
Susan Belekewicz answered:
Hi Rob,
Thanks so much for bringing this problem to my attention - the marker did not get placed properly on the map when my listing was uploaded. The marker should be placed further east on Route 6A, just before the bend in the road at Old County Road and just before the East Sandwich Post Office. It is a 2.25 acre lot abutting conservation land - a very private back yard for being on Route 6A.

I am working with Trulia to correct the marker placement.
Thanks, again!
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sat Aug 31, 2013
Lisa Cannata answered:
I alway recommend checking with your local police department. It may take a couple of weeks, but they can provide you with a report of incoming calls, reported crimes, etc for that particular area. Parking in your car might just get you to be one of those phone calls. Caution ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Jul 28, 2013
Jean Wright answered:
Thu Jul 18, 2013
alice donisi feehan answered:
Peggy, I've checked the Falmouth Field Cards and 97 Davis Straits isn't listed there. Are you sure of the number.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 14, 2013
Jim Fox answered:
Mon Jun 10, 2013
Kristine Guindon answered:
You can certainly do a cash-out refinance on your investment property. The max percentage can vary based on the number of units the IP consists of. Hopefully at the same time you would be able to lower your interest rate and/or the term of your loan to help you save money over the life of your loan. There are many different options, I would be happy to look at your current scenario and provide you different options to reach your goal of financing the new property. You can reach me at 508-509-0050 to discuss or email me through my contact information. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 28, 2013
Heath Coker answered:
Hi LitterBugsMe1935,

Come to Falmouth.
We have more waterfront than any other town in the US.
I have a few listed.

Of course choosing a local real estate pro can help you save a lot of time.
I am a local pro who lists and sells waterfront and waterview property and I work as a team with my wife.

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.)
... more
1 vote 7 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice
Falmouth Zip Codes