Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Fall River : Real Estate Advice

  • All98
  • Local Info10
  • Home Buying22
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions3

Activity 34
Mon Jul 10, 2017
Haley asked:
We're looking to start purchasing multiple buy-and-hold investment property in the Fall River area; specifically interested in multi-unit buildings, or anything larger than a duplex.…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 2, 2017
Kendra Tavares asked:
I'm a first time home buyer in Massachusetts and would like a fixer upper. I have min. Down payment and wundering if I can finance everything extra
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 10, 2017
Angelica P answered:

I have emailed you regarding this concern.

Thank you for using Trulia!

Consumer Care Advocate
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Mar 22, 2016
Ronjan1958 asked:
Mon Jan 18, 2016
Doug McNeilly answered:
Not sure of your question, although a good website is:

It allows you to get region level renovation costs.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Sep 1, 2015
Ruth and Perry Mistry answered:
The best way is with an agent or get in touch with the asset manager at the

Some homes won't be ready for showing.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Jul 18, 2015
Neil Radford answered:
Fri Jul 3, 2015
Scott Godzyk answered:
It would depend what is in the lease. Although this is an older question brought back to life, many landlords and tenants ask this all the time. Most landlords do not give access to teh basement, it does depend on type of home, area and the tenants. Coin ops are great revenue source and a plus for tenants who dont have to travel to a lundrmat. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 26, 2015
Ragdollzstudios answered:
I thought after signing papers the price could not change... After inspector comes out... I thought the only negotiation would be me as a buyer saying " hey these are bad I can fix your messup but I want X amount taken off the final price"

Then it is up to the seller to say okay that can be taken off or... no, my price is firm no lower.

Is it actually legal for the seller to have to charge me this obsered amount of money when I know I can get the job done for 3/4 of that price????
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Mar 30, 2014
BitcoinBaller answered:
Getting behind on bills due to a period of unemployment can happen to anyone, and has happened to many Americans since 2008. Paying past due balances is a very tricky proposition because you can actually do more harm than good in some instances. Before paying off anything or even speaking with sleazy debt collectors, pull a free credit report from the major 3 credit bureaus. Make sure you get them free, as a Massachusetts resident you're entitled to one per year. They'll try to sell you an upgrade, don't waste your money. Once you've got all three, you can dispute each negative line of credit. Some may be inaccurate, some may have incorrect information. If you look up how to repair your credit, via google search or library, there is a lot of good info on how to get bad credit info removed from your reports. I actually have helped many friends and some past clients "doctor" their reports to get a car loan or mortgage at a better rate. Just use common sense, and don't fall for companies who promise to get your scores really high for a few bucks. Most people can do it themselves for the cost of time, research, letter writing, and postage. The stuff you can't get wiped off, you can then try to negotiate a settlement that even states paid in full/never late as part of your negotiation. Just get it all in writing before you give them your money. A debt collector will lie and do anything to separate you from your hard earned money and most of them have paid pennies for your charged off debts. ... more
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Mar 15, 2014
Karen McLinden answered:
Email me if you would like to see more detailed information and more current information. You can reach me at
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 23, 2014
Greer Swiston answered:
That is really hard to say ... it depends on the person.

Are you house shopping? What are you looking for/? What's important? Maintenance? Commute? Price range? Resale value? Investment? How long do you plan to stay in one place?

Happy to help on the specifics. It's not a good idea to speculate on the general, because it may not apply to a specific individual.

However, if you're asking for communities with high concentrations of young professionals ... then I was suggest checking out .... where you can see the statistics for just about any zipcode ... or perhaps the CENSUS data.

Hope that helps!
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Jan 10, 2014
Melissa Mancini answered:
Hi There,

As most people already answered, yes you can do this. However a couple points to consider that I didn’t see mentioned.

1.) Make sure you won’t need the projected income to qualify for your loan, as this won’t be considered if using the property as a single family is your plan.

2.) Would that actually be the highest and best use of this type of property? If you can’t get the proper zoning approvals to alter the usage, keep in mind that your tax and insurance rate will be higher than a single family home. Also, I would caution you to not remove kitchens etc without the towns approval for a conversion, because this could be an illegal usage of the property and you may need to restore it back to a multi family set up when it’s time to sell to maximize your return and not run into any appraisal or town issues.

Warm Regards,
Melissa Mancini Bonito, Realtor, CBR, GRI
... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Thu Dec 12, 2013
Heath Coker answered:
Find an attorney.
Answers here are not legal advice.

I would contact a local legal professional to help with this answer and to save time and money.

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.) ... more
1 vote 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 9, 2013
Heath Coker answered:
Contact an attorney.

Pets may be a problem for an owner's or an association's insurance.

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.) ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 24, 2013
Denis DaSilva answered:
Contact Trulia support if you need help from a Fall River Broker our number is 508-813-6875
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 21, 2013
Denis DaSilva answered:
Hi John,
I lived on Madison Street and its one of the best neighborhoods in Fall River. Send me the MLS number or address and I will send email you the complete information kit including loan and valuation data. my email is or call 508-813-6875

Denis DaSilva Broker /Owner
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Oct 13, 2013
Annette Lawrence answered:
This question was posted Feb 23, 2010.
The event occurred five yeas before that.
That's 2005.
Everyone was looking for someone to blame but Bank of America, and Wells Fargo had a get out of jail free card. ... more
0 votes 18 answers Share Flag
Sun Oct 13, 2013
Denis DaSilva answered:
Consult with a local attorney Tom Percy 508-828-1900, they will review your options. If you consider selling your property now that the market is improving. I can help 508-813-6875. You can check the estimated market value of your property by going to

Denis DaSilva Broker
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice
Home Buying in Fall River Zip Codes