Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

General Area in Fairfield : Real Estate Advice

  • All17
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying8
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions3

Activity 1
Fri Aug 20, 2010
Janice Corsilli answered:
You have to make sure that they have DEP approvals to build. The property is in the flood zone and you cannot build the house with a baseme nt. It has to be built with either a crawl space or a slab. Also, when they get approvals from the DEP usually they gave the state plans for a particular house. If so, you can only build that house on that lot. With the approval you need to check to see if "fill credits" are included in the purchase price. This is an extra charge for fill (soil) that has to be purchased from a specific supplier.

good luck
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Search Advice
General Area in Fairfield Zip Codes