Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Etowah : Real Estate Advice

  • All8
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying2
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 4
Sat May 9, 2015
thx1138donald asked:
we are at the time living with my sisters in laws because we were evicted from the house we were renting it is a long story. but they will not be able to come up with a down payment for…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 25, 2014
Shelly Bedford asked:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Dec 6, 2013
Tim Moore answered:
If it is vacant land request a contingency on obtaining a health permit which includes a perk test.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Apr 11, 2010
Don Tepper answered:
Prepare to find a new place to live.

You do need to find out what the status of the mortgage is. You should check your county tax office--in your case, McMinn County. Here's a link to the online information: However, you'd probably be better off actually going to the courthouse and see what filings there have been on your property.

You may well be correct that the owners have run off and are facing foreclosure. If that's the case, there isn't much you can do. The bank won't honor a lease--even a valid one--on a house they've foreclosed on. You might check with a real estate attorney or a Realtor to get some idea of how fast foreclosures proceed in Etowah. That'll also depend on the lender. You might find yourself needing to move in just a couple of weeks. Or it could be a couple of months or longer. But if it's a foreclosure, ultimately you'll need to move.

Hope that helps.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Search Advice
Etowah Zip Codes