What's the best rock/jazz club in town?

Asked by Trulia Roger, Alameda, CA Fri May 4, 2007

I hear the rock and jazz scene in LA is pretty hot. Where's a good place to catch some shows?

Answers

4
Keith Sorem, Agent, Glendale, CA
Fri May 11, 2007
Roger - for jazz
My votes are for the Baked Potato on Cahuenga (Studio City), Jax in Glendale Below the 134 on Brand) - it's packed
Catalina Bar & Grill on Sunset
Ron Deutsch, , Los Angeles, CA
Wed Jun 13, 2007
For a unique, real music lover's setting where you can hear national headliners, check out the jazz bakery in Culver City. Although I miss the coffee cake they used to serve in the back of the hall during the breaks, this is still the place to go. Cover charges are affordable (it's a non-profit) and unlike most jazz venues this is not a bar or restaurant (although there is a high-end concession just outside the hall). This is an intimate concert hall for the sole purpose of listening to music. Of course there are others....
Trulia Roger, Home Buyer, Alameda, CA
Sat May 12, 2007
Thanks Keith. The Baked Potato is indeed an awesome club (be sure to catch Ohm: when they play there), but I hadn't heard of the other two. Will definitely check them out.
Stephanie, , San Francisco, CA
Wed May 9, 2007
I love visiting the Roxy in Hollywood. They have some great smaller bands playing above the venue at "On The Rox" as well.