Nightlife not dominated by college students

Asked by Trulia Boston, Boston, MA Thu Aug 9, 2012

If one is new to Boston, they may have noticed that most of the nightlife seems to be dominated by students. What areas cater more to late 20s early 30s?

Answers

4
Mario Pavli, Agent, Boston, MA
Thu Aug 9, 2012
You cannot go wrong with a nice lounge. I would try Middlesex In Cambridge and Red Lantern for a nice night out.

If you wanna do bars I would go to Rattlesnake or Dillions.
Stephen Bour…, Agent, Brookline, MA
Thu Aug 9, 2012
Coolidge Corner & Washington Square in Brookline... downtown Boston has an array of nightlife geared towards the slightly more mature crowd... it does cost a bit more, of course.

Head out to the North End for great eateries, comedy clubs and festivals; the South End for a mix of upscale and more relaxed eateries and neighborhood bars...

Harvard Square, Cambridge is also a very good place with a mix of young and old with the Brattle Theater, Regattabar and more... Inman Square with it's Jazz club, coffee houses and great restaurants...
Gauri Anand, Agent, Boston, MA
Mon Jul 22, 2013
The Back Bay has some great cocktail bars, including the Hawthorne and Eastern Standard. Boston is also known for its hotel bars, which generally cater to older crowds. Some nice spots are City Bar at the Lenox Hotel, Bond at the Langham and Oak Bar at the Fairmont Copley Plaza.

Hope this helps!
Louis Wolfs…, Agent, Needham, MA
Thu Aug 9, 2012
The waterfront and the north end would be my suggestion.