I am from Michigan and am looking to move to Spokane Washington. I am a college student and am looking for an

Asked by Brittany, Michigan Tue Apr 22, 2008

area with a community college. I wanted to know how much a 2 bedroom house/ apartment would be on average. where are the hot spots in Spokane! I am looking to move in September. Can anyone help or offer suggestions?

Answers

7
Kathy Schultz, , Spokane, WA
Mon May 26, 2008
Hi Brittany,
You will find Spokane to be a warm and wonderful community. We have a great downtown, home of the 1974 World's Fair. There is something going on every weekend during the summer.....concerts in the local parks......vibrant nightlife and nightclub scene and of course lots of recreational activities. I agree, Browne's Addition is a wonderful place to live. It's within walking distance of downtown. I lived there for many years and loved it! You might also like the South Hill. Spokane is full of educational opportunities. There's Whitworth College, Gonzaga College, 2 Community Colleges and satellite campuses for Eastern Washington University and Washington State University. There are also several private colleges and schools. Price of renting a home in Spokane depends on location and amenities. ($500-1,000) The average sales price of a home in Spokane is approximately $200,000....more or less....again depending on location and amenities. I wish you well in your search and if there is anything I can do to assist you, please let me know. Kathy
Cassellis, Home Buyer, Spokane, WA
Fri May 23, 2008
If you are looking for a younger crowd and want to be around more night life options, try Browne's Addition and the lower South Hill.
Spokane Real…, , Spokane, WA
Thu May 1, 2008
Hey Brittany,
Check out the link below, it is a link to our rental section of our website. It has current apratments and houses for rent so you can check prices and in our investor section there is a chart showing current average rents for different types of rentals based on how many rooms. Feel free to call us also. We help people relocate and get into rentals even if they are not buying. It's a free service we provide. Here is the link.
Chris Warmuth, , Spokane, WA
Fri Apr 25, 2008
Hi Brittany, that's a great question. As others have said here, their are two community colleges in Spokane and both are centrally located. One is S.F.C.C. (Spokane Falls Community College), which I myself attended. The other is S.C.C. (Spokane Community College). Both are good Schools, I preferred SFCC curriculum and location a bit more though. To give you an idea of rental, my old apartment right next to SFCC (one block away) was a 2bed/1bath with a garage for $475, I called them for you to get their updated pricing and that same apartment is now $525. (Ballou Apartments) As far as buying a home, that can range greatly, but you could get a nice little starter home in a good area starting at $115-$120K, just minutes from the school. You can do an all inclusive search with all your criteria on my website located below. It will give you maps, show the schools locations in relation to homes, photos, prices, the works. If you need a lender I also have a great referal for you, getting starter with a good lender would be your first step should you want to buy vs. rent. Hope this helps and if I can help in any way please feel free to contact me, my info is on the website below. Best of wishes and take care! Chris Warmuth Windermere/North Spokane, WA.
Tanya Strader, , Spokane, WA
Tue Apr 22, 2008
Brittany,
There are two community colleges in spokane, and a lot of rentals for college students and homes that are considered "starter homes. My Daughter just rented one of the 1 bedroom apts by spokane community college and she is paying 500.00 per month . there are actually several apartments around the college area as well as homes that are rentals.
Good luck with this new Adventure.
Lara McHenry, Agent, Spokane, WA
Tue Apr 22, 2008
Brittany,

I am originally from Michigan myself...I was born in Royal Oak! I would love to help you in your quest for the information you are searching for and would be pleased to send you one of my relocation packets. However I am not supposed to solicit your business but I would certainly suggest that you feel free to look at the profiles of the Realtors in Spokane and make a selection for a Realtor and or browse the internet for a Spokane agent.
Julie Hall, Agent, Kirkland, WA
Tue Apr 22, 2008
I can refer you to an agent that I know that works in that area. E-mail me if you're interested (Juliehall@windermere.com) and he can answer all of your questions. As far as "hot spots" I would recommend going and visiting the areas that you're interested in and get an idea for which area fits what you're looking for best. Good luck!