How would you describe the social scene in Katy?

Asked by Stephan, San Francisco, CA Mon Apr 23, 2007

Answers

6
Glenn Newbeck, , Houston, TX
Mon Jan 21, 2008
A great place to raise a family. Socially.... not so much
Robyn Jones, Agent, Katy, TX
Sat Aug 18, 2007
Along with all the amenities that everyone has shared below, you will find wonderful Golf & Tennis Clubs in Katy. There are a number of Public and Private courses that create wonderful social groups and mini-communities. One can also just join as a social member. I personally don't golf (although my husband thinks he's Tiger Woods), but I enjoy the club as much as he does, and as a transplant from Los Angeles, I'm enjoying the built in friendships and comraderie. I've found people in Katy are friendly and love to socialize!
Christa Burg…, , Katy, TX
Mon Apr 23, 2007
Katy offers lots of restuarants and there are more opening up each month.
Christi Bord…, Agent, Katy, TX
Mon Apr 23, 2007
While we are a relatively new area, we are certainly becoming more 'sophisticated' culturally day by day. Also, with the Westpark Tollway and Interstate 10, we are merely minutes away from world class entertainment: Astros Baseball, Aeros Hockey, Rockets Basketball, Dynamo Soccer and a wide range of scholastic and amateur sporting events as well. As for nightlife, Houston offers four and five star restaurants to satisfy every tastebud and Katy is adding new venues to meet our growing population. Whether you like Mexican, Asian, French, Texas style BBQ, Seafood, Great Steaks or fast food, we have it all. And Katy now boasts a new HEB grocery that will sasify the foodie in you. For the wine lover, our new The Wine Next Door in La Centera Shopping Center offers flights of highly selective varietals and special tastings that are not to be missed. We also have several of the Spec's retail shops offering an abundant selection.
Amy Matkins, , Katy, TX
Mon Apr 23, 2007
Katy is very family oriented and in the past most of the social scene revolved around the children's activities. We now have a few upscale restaurants with Perry's Steakhouse coming soon to LaCenterra that will add to the adult nightlife! Cultural events are mostly held in local high schools and churches.
., , Katy, TX
Mon Apr 23, 2007
Each of the Subdivisions (Cinco Ranch, Grand Lakes, Seven Meadows, Green Trails, Kelliwood, Etc...) Have lots of parks, pools, water parks, beach clubs, and nature trails. You will love it!