Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Englewood : Real Estate Advice

  • All57
  • Local Info3
  • Home Buying15
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions3

Activity 52
Tue Dec 19, 2017
Junephillips614 answered:
I would like to get my apartment back from my tenant and use it for my use. Can I break the lease with 60 days written notice.
0 votes 15 answers Share Flag
Sat Sep 23, 2017
Barbara Weismann answered:
My advice to everyone who rents property is to speak to an attorney. If you want to rent out a property, you need professional advice and it's well worth the cost of sitting down with a good real estate attorney who deals with tenants.

You can hire a professional real estate agent to list your condo or you can market your condo yourself. It's entirely up to you of course. Here in Bergen County tenants pay the rental fee so hiring a real estate agent to do this costs you nothing. You should also be aware that the maximum security amount you can ask is 1.5 month's rent.

Before you put your condo on the market for rent, check with your condo association so that you know what requirements they have and what other issues may be involved.

To be perfectly frank, I have at times seen agents do things that enrage condo and coop associations. For example, placing lock boxes on railings where it's not allowed, park in unauthorized locations etc. You're the person who may incur a fine and aggravation for this so know the rules in advance and make sure your agent does too if you use one.

How the lease is prepared and qualifying the tenant are critically important issues. Again, paying a good attorney for legal advice is invaluable. No real estate agent can replace the advice of an attorney. The lease has to be very specific on many things - who is allowed to occupy the premises, if you allow pets then identify the specific animal(s), what appliances are there for the tenant (for example a kitchen refrigerator), etc. You should also require tenant insurance. I actually put in my listings that credit scores below a certain figure will not be considered. Credit scores reflect how people pay their bills.

Tenants should prove their financial ability to pay the rent. I would expect that all real estate companies have tenant application forms to use and there are also services such as

Tenant application information needs to be checked out - don't just look at a piece of paper. Call their former landlord, their workplace to verify employment etc. If you use an a real estate agent, they should do this for you and report back to you.

If you need more advice you can contact me but this is a pretty decent general over view of what's involved. Oh - one more thing: leases here are almost always written as 1 year terms.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Mar 25, 2017
Scott Godzyk answered:
In pre foreclosure just means they are behind and the foreclosure process ha started. Many times owners cant sell as they owe more than it is worth. You can not make them respond if they dont want to or cant sell. The bank does not own it, so they cant sell it either. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Mar 2, 2017
Maricris A answered:

I sent an email to you about this concern.


Consumer Care advocate
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Feb 27, 2017
Belesky answered:
Setting of property corners, determining your boundary lines is best done by a licensed land surveyor. Land surveying is a state profession and is strictly overseen by your state licensing board. Practicing land surveying (setting your own corners) without a license is more than likely a violation of state laws. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 16, 2017
User07631 asked:

My husband and I have decided to look into buying as it seems to be cheaper than renting. We do have some money saved up but would like to explore options that allow us to put…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 14, 2016
Angelica P answered:

I apologize but we do not have an option to upload photos of the property if it is not an active listing. We can only remove the outdated photos on your property page. Please provide the complete address of your property and I will be happy to help you or you can contact us by clicking the link below.

Thank you for using Trulia!

Consumer Care Advocate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Sep 6, 2016
Bij202 asked:
This question was asked from this property:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Sep 1, 2016
Clara Lomax asked:
Move condition, nice neighborhood ,
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 4, 2016
ada r. graciano asked:
Add details about your question (optional)How do I contact the agent/person in charge/bank?

This question was asked from this property:…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 19, 2016
Lauren Scher answered:
I have several listings in Cross Creek. Follow me on Face book to find out the newest information.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Sep 26, 2015
Dan Tabit answered:
Ask your broker. If you listed it for rent, I'm not sure if you have a claim for commission if it sells. NY law, your listing agreement and your company policy may all come into play.
I'm assuming you are a licensed agent here. If not, commissions are not generally available for non-licensed people.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Sep 25, 2015
Ldavila answered:
Fri Nov 21, 2014
Craig Williamson answered:
Sat Sep 13, 2014
Sally Grenier answered:
Is what still available? There was no link for address provided in your question. The best way to find out if a property is available is to have a REALTOR working for you as a Buyer's Agent. These sites are just for marketing purposes, and do not have the most updated or accurate listings. Your Realtor will have access to your local MLS (multiple listing service) which has EVERY available listing. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Aug 6, 2014
Phyllis asked:
I am looking for anything at this point. Safe area and a place to put my car. Hard worker. Very Busy.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 30, 2014
keikio merritt asked:
Tue Jul 29, 2014
Keith Jean-Pierre answered:
Try other websites like: (Rentals Section) (Rentals Section) (Rentals Section)

Between all of those, you will get a very clear picture if you can find what you are looking for. Good luck!
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Jul 13, 2014
Donna L Brown answered:
Can you rent it out at a reduced price compared to other local condo rentals? If the building is not habitable and the financials are analyzed the banks will not issue a mortgage. Your other hope is a cash buyer who buys the unit 'AS IS'. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
1 2 3
Search Advice
Englewood Zip Codes