Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Rentals in Elk Grove : Real Estate Advice

  • All292
  • Local Info11
  • Home Buying133
  • Home Selling16
  • Market Conditions10

Activity 25
Wed Aug 17, 2016
Derek Jones answered:
In the Sacramento area most agents don't handle rentals as they are not a part of our mls so there isn't a centralized place to search for rentals and the agents would just be searching through multiple sites like you would. I know of a few property management companies you can contact if you'd like. ... more
1 vote 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 16, 2015
Sheryl Arndt answered:
Hello V.gore, if you figure out what cities/zip codes you are considering, minimum number of bedrooms and the maximum payment/price you are looking to achieve you can then be set up to receive daily automatic emails to fit your search criteria.

You should study RENT vs BUY options as you may qualify to buy with minimum out of pocket expenses and pay less than rent in many cities. You may consider Section 8 Home ownership voucher program and pay the same as rent and own.

Your credit scores can be raised within 3-4 days in most cases to qualify for programs, rates and terms as necessary. You would need a minimum 640 fico score to qualify for the program.

It only takes a few dozen questions to qualify, go over your options and email you listings to study and compare. Here are some links to study as well as web reference links to many loan program pages offered...

Sheryl Arndt, Real Estate Broker - Sr. Loan Officer CA only
Veteran & VA/CalVet Loan Specialist
REO & Short Sale Specialist
Credit Repair At No Cost
ALL Loan Programs Available
22+ Years Experience
BRE# 01140252
NMLS# 297251
9am till 5pm by phone Monday thru Saturday, Sundays by appt., EMAIL ANYTIME 24/7 or

If my response was helpful, consider clicking thumbs up or Best Answer!
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Dec 14, 2014
Tina Lam answered:
You've found a scam on Trulia. It's very common. When it's too good to be true, it probably is. If you're not getting a reply by phone within hours, you should move on. If they're only responding by email, take caution. Your best bet is to work with a Realtor. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Nov 23, 2014
Derek Jones answered:
If you are looking for a house to rent I would recommend searching through some of the local property management companies or if you're looking for an apartment you can search the typical apartment sites. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Sep 18, 2014
Valli Lopez answered:
I'm not sure if this will help you immediately, but could.....We have just rolled out a program that is called a "New Path" loan. It basically helps people find a home that's for sale and buy it without having the credit or income or whatever your obstacle is, and live in it while paying your lender "rent" until you are able to take over the loan. If you are never able to, well you just continue renting. But this way, it's not based on your fico score, but rather your ability to pay.

Hope this helps, call me. My office is in San Diego, but we can lend anywhere in the state of California.

Valli Lopez
NMLS 980530
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed May 7, 2014
Eva Robertson answered:
Call us. We work with property managers who can help you find a rental. Our number is 530-677-9917.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 9, 2014
Karen Lahay asked:
Tue Mar 25, 2014
Justin Morris answered:
Lyon Real Estate Property Management can help. They are with Lyon Real Estate and help customers get into rentals. If you would like the contact information I can give that to you.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Mar 13, 2014
prietena777 answered:
The first thing you should do is contact your local school district to inquire about the attendance residence area for the high school in which you're interested. Most districts have a school attendance zone map that will give you this information. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Dec 27, 2013
James Tan answered:
You might want to contact some local churches and non-profit organizations, perhaps they can help you while you are looking for a cheaper place.

Hope that helps,
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 23, 2013
Hector Solis answered:
I would love to help you. If you would like to give me some more information I will contact you and help you through every step. I have 3 agents on my team making sure one of us is always available to help our clients when they are available. Please email or call me and let me show you what great service really feels like!! ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sat Sep 14, 2013
James Tan answered:

The newest area in elk grove is in the quadrant south of elk grove boulevard and bordered on bruceville rd and big horn blvd. New homes are still being built there.

Elk grove has lots of good schools. Good elementary schools are e.g. stonelake, elliott ranch, etc.
Good middle schools are e.g. Toby Johnson. Good high schools are e.g. Franklin, Pleasant Grove, etc.

Many of the schools in the elk grove unified school district, located in elk grove, are pretty good.

Hope that helps
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 12, 2013
John Souerbry answered:
I agree with Ron, this is a legal issue, but make sure to consult with an attorney where you rent - many cities & counties have additional rules regarding deposits
1 vote 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 20, 2013
James Tan answered:
In Elk Grove, there are 4 different bills that you would have to deal with:
a. Sacramento County Utilities for the water and sewer approx. $100 per month
b. City of Elk Grove for the garbage approx. $60 per month
c. PG&E for gas
depends on your usage, higher in the winter for the furnace $100-300 per month
d. SMUD for electricity
depends on your usage, higher in the summer for the AC $100-300 per month
Water in elk grove is metered.
Google the phone nos of these companies and call them for further info.
Hope that helps,
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Nov 10, 2012
Heather Wilkerson answered:
You can search the sacramento court index for unlawfull detainers its free the only down side is it will only check in the county of sacramento. You can run someones credit online at any online credit reporting agency just make sure you have a signed release from the prospective resident prior to running there credit. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Nov 4, 2012
Sue Archer Reynolds answered:
What does your contract say in terms of expiration, or early termination of the lease? yes, you should most likely review this with an attorney but one way or the other, they're leaving, so make the exit as smooth as possible so that you can get it re-rented quickly.

Execute the inspection to determine what repairs need to be done and who's responsible for them. The tenant is not responsible for general wear and tear, but are responsible for damage to the property that has occurred since they have had possession. Find out the date they are leaving and get that all lined up. Find out if you can show the property possibly before they leave.

As for what they owe for early termination of a lease? Handle that separately from getting the rest of the effort done to get them out and a new tenant in place. Be professional and by the contract in terms of how you handle it. Much of your conversation should most likely be in writing but make sure you know what the law says, and what your rights are before you make any threats for payments or anything else.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Sep 23, 2012
Rich Pulido answered:
You may also try . The Sacramento Association of Realtors has a Public section for statistics.You can even narrow results by zip code ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Sep 23, 2012
Rich Pulido answered:
If you are filing in Sacramento County Here is the link :
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice