Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in El Toro : Real Estate Advice

  • All0
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying0
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 5
Tue Dec 13, 2016
Gloriaalexander41 answered:
Wed Aug 27, 2014
Cheryl Pellettieri answered:
It is not that different from a standard purchase. Find a lender and apply for a mortgage, unless you will be paying cash for the home. Hire a real estate agent. Most lenders will only entertain bids presented by licensed real estate agents. If you already found the home you would like to purchase have your agent write the bid. If the home is new to the market and appears to be a good deal, bear in mind that you may be competing with investors, so make your highest and best offer and make it subject to performing an inspection of the condition of the house. If the house has been on the market for some time, it is either overpriced or there are significant defects. A lower offer would be appropriate under these conditions. Prepare yourself to include a check for the deposit to be sent along with the purchase agreement, your agent will advise you on this. Some lenders only give you a few days before you will be required to forfeit the deposit if you do not purchase the home, so make sure you schedule all inspection quickly. Hire a licensed contractor or home inspector. If the home has been on the market for over a month, have the inspection performed before you place the offer. Most foreclosed homes are sold in an "as-is" condition, and the bank won't pay for any repairs. It is a good idea to know the extent of any work that needs to be done so you can price your offer accordingly. Submit your bid and await word from the bank as to whether it is accepted. I hope this helped. ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 17, 2013
Bob Phillips answered:
Try 110% - that should perk up their ears! ( Of course, CAR forms limit liquidated damages to no more than 3%, should you later default.)

In all seriousness, 3% should be the maximum. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 5, 2013
John Jacobs answered:
All good answers from the agents below. I would second Mike's note that you may be wise to check with an attorney to make sure that your rights are protected.

Check out For only $16.95 per month, you can get basic legal advice via phone from expert lawyers. I am NOT a Legal Shield rep, but have many clients who have found it most helpful.

Good luck!
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Jul 16, 2010
Ryan Smith answered:
Hello Home Buyer, Notice of Trustee Sales (NOTs) are public record and are available for free. Send me an email and I'll give you the domain that I use to search them. You can also contact an agent in the city you're looking in to assist with this list.

Best of luck!

Ryan Smith form Temecula, CA
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Foreclosure in El Toro Zip Codes