Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in El Dorado County : Real Estate Advice

  • All22
  • Local Info7
  • Home Buying7
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 31
Bbpcash, Home Buyer in Placerville, CA
Sun Oct 2, 2016
Bbpcash asked:
i am looking at a property for auction the address is 4821 victory mine rd Placerville ca 95667. there is no information on who the auction specialist is to contact them. do you have any…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
June Buerkle, Home Buyer in Chattanooga, TN
Wed Jul 27, 2016
June Buerkle answered:
Someone can buy 2nd position on your house and you would begin to owe them.

The reason this mortgage is being sold on the steps of the courthouse is because they can not currently foreclose on you because the 1st mortgage is in the way.

So an investor will buy this at a discount in hopes that you will either get back on schedule and pay or perhaps that you will pay off the 1st mortgage which would move this mortgage into first position, then they can foreclose on you and take the house.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Echodancer, Home Buyer in Georgetown, CA
Fri May 27, 2016
Echodancer asked:
Two days ago, my in-laws and I went to a Trustee Sale auction and purchased the Junior Lien on a property in Georgetown CA. It's an empty house that was in the middle of a remodel when…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Derek Jones, Real Estate Pro in Fair Oaks, CA
Mon Apr 27, 2015
Derek Jones answered:
If no pictures and no street number and the price seems too low to be true chances are it is not for sale and it is in default/pre-foreclosure. The price you see is probably the amount they owe. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
RonS, Other/Just Looking in Concord, CA
Mon Apr 13, 2015
RonS answered:
No. They don't have to record a lien release. If they are junior to the foreclosing lender, they are wiped out. Plain and simple.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Leann Dupre, Real Estate Pro in South Lake Tahoe, CA
Fri Mar 14, 2014
Leann Dupre answered:
Hi Karina,

If you are searching for property in South Lake Tahoe, I would be glad to discuss the current real estate market with you and in particular...the foreclosure inventory.

Leann Dupre
Chase International South Tahoe Realty
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Bud Zeller, Real Estate Pro in Folsom, CA
Thu Feb 20, 2014
Bud Zeller answered:
Specify you want a foreclosure along with your other guidelines and type of financing you qualify for.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Doug & Bud Z…, Real Estate Pro in Placerville, CA
Wed Jan 1, 2014
Doug & Bud Zeller answered:
You might check our web/blog site:
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Shannon Vans…, Real Estate Pro in Cameron Park, CA
Mon Aug 12, 2013
Shannon Vanskike answered:
Do you have equity in the home? or are you upside down? Perhaps that is the best place to start. I can offer a free evaluation if you need one.

After that, I would agree to call your lender. There is also a website you can go to to see if your home is eligible for the Save Your Home California program... ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
awj3349, Home Owner in El Dorado Hills, CA
Thu Jun 27, 2013
awj3349 answered:
First go file chapter7 not chapter13 bankruptcy. Then you can email me for a club that if you become a member($300 one time) and $495 for the process they will save your home. You can email me at .
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Doug Zeller, Real Estate Pro in *, CA
Sun Aug 5, 2012
Doug Zeller answered:
Michael Emery,  in Minneapolis, MN
Tue Apr 17, 2012
Michael Emery answered:
You can ask but i think you would need a rather strong argument to ask for more money.

Are you a renter or are you the original homeowner? If you're a renter you might have some leverage. But IF they give you more money you might have to move out more quickly than their previous offer. So if you can't agree to a shorter move out period, don't bother asking for more money.

if you're the homeowner, I'd take the money. Otherwise I think they will just have you evicted. Cash for keys saves them the legal fees and hassle of doing an eviction and it is suppose to keep the property in salable condition as you're only given the money after their representative does a walk through.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
John Arendsen, Real Estate Pro in Leucadia, CA
Sat Aug 27, 2011
John Arendsen answered:
I would borrow the money from a friend or a relative. If they are concerned about security offer them a position on the property as collateral until and pay them off once you've settled with your Trustee and have possession of the property. This is not a difficult situation and you certainly shouldn't let it threaten your position on the property unless it is upside down or underwater. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Doug & Bud Z…, Real Estate Pro in Placerville, CA
Wed Mar 16, 2011
Doug & Bud Zeller answered:
We like the answer by Justin: "1st, Do not trust any thing BofA says on the phone. 2nd, you need to speak with a real estate attorney, 3rd, you need talk with local short sales real estate agent. 4th, you need to determine if the loan you have is recourseable or non-recourseable." ... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Jack Dalton, Real Estate Pro in El Dorado Hills, CA
Thu Feb 24, 2011
Jack Dalton answered:
The lender put a minimum bid on the sale equal to the amonunt of your remaining obligation to protect their interest. No bidders elected to go higher so the property reverts to the bank. They will now sell it as an REO sale.

Jack Dalton /
916 425 6555
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Allde, Renter in 15720
Sat Feb 5, 2011
Allde answered:
OK i rent a house that is is in foreclosure but i also have a letter of trustee"s deed upon sale do i still have to pay rent to the owner thank you
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Doug Zeller, Real Estate Pro in *, CA
Thu Dec 9, 2010
Doug Zeller answered:
Lisa offers great information. However as she mentions, you should consult a professional for advice about your individual situation. As this question is asked often we do have a resource available to our clients who wish to talk to an attorney. Its a service that we offer free of charge to people who are in your situation. Please fee free to call us it you want help. Douglas Zeller 1-530-409-8351
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Bud Zeller, Real Estate Pro in Folsom, CA
Thu Nov 25, 2010
Bud Zeller answered:
Professional, knowledgeable and experienced local Realtors are available in your neighborhood to assist!
For example check "Find a Pro" at the trulia real estate search for a Broker in your area who offers FREE help. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Susan Sieve,  in 95762
Thu Oct 7, 2010
Susan Sieve answered:
There's a development in El Dorado Hills called Stonebriar where you can get everything you are looking for for less than 600k. It's near White Rock Road and Stonebriar Drive.
0 votes 18 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice