Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

08234 : Real Estate Advice

  • All25
  • Local Info3
  • Home Buying9
  • Home Selling4
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 23
Thu Jun 22, 2017
Mary answered:

Currently, featured listing is only available for listing agents only. Rest-assured that search results appear differently for every user as they set their specific filters. So even though the listing is not officially a 'featured' listing, it is possible that your listing will appear at the top of results for certain users.

Thank you for using Trulia!

Consumer Care Advocate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Jun 29, 2016
Dana Lindberg answered:
Some lenders accept 580 but needs another compensating factors. You should talk to a lender to get first-hand responses.

Dana Lindberg
CFS Mortgage - ... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Sun Sep 27, 2015
Matm122 asked:
the listing from all sites
609 425 3103 our phone number
we would like to see it off the site ASP
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sat Jul 11, 2015
My NC Homes Team answered:
Legally you can absolutely sell and buy another home but whether you can aford the larger you home that you want I could not say. You should speak with a local lender to see what you qualify for and then a local Realtor to find out what you might be looking at in terms of cost for the size home you'd like to have. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 30, 2014
Karen Oostdyk answered:
There are many homes on the market at a great price. The challenge is location and the amount of work the home needs. If you are willing to do some renovation work youself or hire a contractor there are many homes to consider. Get connected with a Realtor who is familiar with the area you are interested in and dont forget to look at homes that are being auctioned online. I have seen some homes that are almost move in ready that are bank owned. Also, get pre-qualified by a mortgage lender if you are planning to finance the home or be prepared to show proof of funds for cash deals, you will need that to submit an offer. Good luck! ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 30, 2014
Karen Oostdyk answered:
Owner financing is when a homeowner owns a piece of property outright and is willing to contract directly with the buyer and act as a bank, usually charging interest which is ammoritized over the life of the loan. It is a option with caution on both sides and can be appealing for some sellers and buyers. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat May 31, 2014
Ninoska Seary answered:
You can create a slide show using your MLS services, it will let you create a link for your slide show. If you are not an real estate agent then use photobucket, it is free and you can also obtain a link with the slide show. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu May 22, 2014
Craig Bosse answered:
You don't have to wait.....

We have a portfolio "2nd Chance" loan that allows you to buy again just one day after Short-Sale or Foreclosure. You can only have one on your credit and you will need a 20% down-payment and 660 mid FICO score. Late payments acceptable.

This loan is available in - AZ, CA, CO, DC, FL, HI, IL, MD, MT, NV, NJ, NY, NC, OR, SC, VA, and WA . Loan amounts up to $4 million +
... more
0 votes 16 answers Share Flag
Sat Jan 25, 2014
Memappm answered:
I usually go to the beach in Brigantine. It's about a 20 min drive. It is (in my opinion) the safest beach in the area. Can be a bit crowded at time's but I just go down a little further. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 2, 2013
Diane Glander answered:
To get out of the lease, you need your landlord's permission. Speak with him/her asap. Pay what you can and tell your landlord you cannot afford the apartment any longer. The sooner your landlord can find a new tenant, the better for you. You will be responsible for the rent until a new tenant comes along. If you do not pay your rent, you can be evicted for non payment. A landlord can file that eviction the day after your payment is due. And, although the courts in NJ really favor landlords, non-payment of rent is one of the easiest ways for a landlord to get an eviction order. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 16, 2013
Jim Simms answered:
Rent to own is probably not what you expect. In this type of transaction the underlying assumption is the seller will be able to perform in addition to the tenant/buyer. Be careful putting up any large sum on a rent-to-own, most buyers and sellers are under the impression whatever deal they put together will be accepted by any lender when it comes time to actually purchase a home, not true. The mortgage underwriting guidelines are very specific and an underwriter may not agree with the terms on your original lease option. You may think all or part of the rent paid goes to down payment, not necessarily how it works when it comes time to get a mortgage and close the deal.

There is a lot of information on the link below. I hope my observations keep you away from harm, good luck.

Jim Simms
NMLS # 6395
Financing Kentucky One Home at a Time
I answer questions about financing real estate based on my decades of experience dealing with mortgage underwriters. I do not offer legal or tax advice, if you need answers from an attorney or CPA find one knowledgeable in your local market.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 17, 2013
Brenda Lee Zabriskie answered:
The dead line to file a tax return is April 1st. You can hire an appraiser for under $500 to come in and appraise your home for tax appeal purposes and they will help you with your paperwork to file for the appeal. If you know a Real Estate Agent, they can give you a market analysis of homes that have sold between January and October of 2012 and give you an idea of what your home is worth. But then you will have to fill out the paperwork on your own and come up with the values. The fastest and easiest way is to hire an appraiser because then all you have to do is attach the appraisal to the appeal papers. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 13, 2012
Joanne Bernardini answered:
Walking away from any contractor sale is tricky. Read your contract over thoroughly. Is a Short Sale Addendum included? Deadlines are critical and must be followed to the letter or the contract risks becoming invalid. Take a pencil and paper and make notes of all deadlines. An example would be ten days after the last signature on the contract. When was the last signature given, when is the ten day deadline?
Then look to see if there is any wording that says, something like" if buyer or seller has not ..... (fulfilled the required action) either buyer or seller may cancel the contract and all deposit money will be returned to the buyer with no further obligation." If you find something like this take your notes and your contract to a real estate lawyer and ask the best way to protect yourself. Remember you not only want out of the contract you want a return your deposit money. Of course the best time to consult a lawyer to review a contract is before you sign it, but they are the experts in helping you find a remedy. If it has only been a month, you may be just getting impatient. Remember short sales take a long time. If the bank has not received all the required documents it won't review the the package. Call the listing agent and try to get an update on where they are in the process. Good luck!
... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 12, 2012
Joanne Bernardini answered:
These types of questions are best answered by the experts... the police department! They are the ones called to the scenes and who deal with catching the criminals!
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed May 30, 2012
Joanne Bernardini answered:
Crawl spaces can be tricky! If not done properly moisture will be trapped and create mold and rotting wood. It also can become a breeding ground for wood eating insects. If you are trying to decide whether or not to purchase this home based on the crawl space you really need to get the advice of a professional home inspector who can look at the specific property and advise you what remediations are required to avoid all of these problems. Better to do this before you go to settlement.

I will be happy to recommend an excellent home inspector who can help you with this.
Joanne Bernardini
Coldwell Banker- Casa Bella Realtors
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 2, 2011
Erin Reilly answered:
Hi Shirley,
Both agents below gave you correct information. If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience!

Erin E. Reilly
Prudential Fox & Roach/Northfield
609-646-1900 Office
609-502-4093 Cell
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 1, 2011
Shane Milne answered:
If you are referring to a "first time homebuyers loan program" that helps with down payment or closing costs assistance - it will depend on what the program is covering. Some specify you have to put a minimum amount of money in, such as $500 or 1% of the sales price, before they will provide assistance, and then they will only provide a certain amount of assistance. So the amount of money you will "get back" will depend on what the program covers, how much you have to contribute, and what the total amount of down payment + closing costs are.

Like has been pointed out, the Egg Habor Township is in an eligible area for USDA Rural Housing Financing, which is 100% financing, and if the home appraises for more than the purchase price, you can use that difference to finance your closing costs too - therefore there wouldn't be a need for an additional first time homebuyer down payment assistance program.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 20, 2010
Matthew & Richard Haviland answered:
Hi Joan,

This can be listed and the commission is negotiable. Please contact me if you have any additional questions.

Best wishes,

0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice