Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in Eden Prairie : Real Estate Advice

  • All56
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying25
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 6
Mon Jun 23, 2014
Lina Krause answered:
Hi. Did you get a phone number for lease option in this neighborhood?
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 3, 2014
Todd Kavanagh Harrington answered:
300,000 will be your "New" mortgage amount and would be the amount needed to redeem your home. You can sell your property for more than 300,000 and not owe the difference as long as the "new" balance is payed and keep any proceeds made by the sale for yourself. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 17, 2011
Nate Berg answered:
You have an obligation to pay the rent to the current landlord and the bank if they request it.

The bank cannot boot you from the home until your lease is up. They might try and you may get an agent knocking at your door who represents the bank but you just need to remind them of your rights and give them a copy of your lease. Any problems after that and you can always refer to the MN Attorney General. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Jun 20, 2009
Elizabeth Fuller answered:
Deka - MN MultiHousing is a good source for apartment complexes and other information about market rate and subsidized units. You will find them on the Internet and also in the telephone book. They show a matrix that will tell you what is available and any amenities. Good luck! Liz, 612-986-4105. ... more
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Jun 8, 2009
Brad Anderson answered:
What city are you looking for?
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Mar 2, 2009
Leraw answered:
I think you should. I know many different real estate agents that have taken the same path with investment properties in Florida. The only consequence they have seen is bad credit. So what you would need to do is put the houses in only one of your names, so when you default it will only ruin one of your credit, then you can file for bankruptcy (hopefully) and wait 7 years. During those 7 years you will have to rely on the others credit. But by the end of the 7 years, if your investments are good, you should have made quite a bit of money by then and your reserves will be so high no one will care about the bankruptcy 7 years ago.

Not sure how the bankruptcy laws work when/if you are married, so you might have to get a "divorce" first to make things work.
... more
1 vote 15 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Foreclosure in Eden Prairie Zip Codes