Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Eau Claire County : Real Estate Advice

  • All1
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying0
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 23
Thu Jul 28, 2016
Chong Lor asked:
If we wait until we sold our house, we may not have a place to stay while looking for a new house.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Aug 11, 2015
Josh Lund answered:
Hello Rachael Koger,
Good afternoon.
I would say 15 days at the fastest to 2 months at the longest. Depend on if the buyer is preapproved. Depends on if the seller is trying to move into a new home, and the deadlines with that. Do you have a realtor yet? If not we have preferred ones we can get you in contact with. I would like to see if I can help you out with a home mortgage. I will try and make this a very easy process. Please let me know how to help out. I am licensed in Wisconson.
Thanks much.
Josh Lund
MN District Branch Manager
NMLS # 387408
Gold Star Financial Group
Mobile: 612.802.3265
Office: 952.884.5442
eFax: 877.666.0007
... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 29, 2015
M_coulthard asked:
Im self employed, made 65k last year but after claiming shows only 35k on taxes, I recently purchased an established business for my wife. SO banks will not take income from business till…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 7, 2015
Charles Tiffany answered:
No, buyer does not "have to" pay realtor. But a buyer should confirm with their prospective representative as to how they will get paid and how that may impact their relationship. Buyer's agency is a great way to get representation from an agent acting on your behalf, not the sellers'. Keep it simple and ask your agent to provide details on the approximate costs of closing a purchase. ... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 25, 2014
Patrick Vandenberg answered:
Consider working with an agent who knows about land contracts. You will need some skin in the game, like a down payment, but some sellers may be willing to offer a land contract and provide you terms that would allow you to refinance in the future once your credit score improves. There is more than one way to skin a "potato.....". Now that's PC. Good Luck Patrick ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 2, 2014
Eric Borst answered:
as long as the property is listed you are able to have a showing on the property.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 31, 2013
Marge Bennett answered:
Absolutely. We have access to all the ones that the banks have put on the market.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 30, 2013
Bruce Weegman answered:
Hi PJ.

The home is 1800 sf above grade with 400sf in the lower. For your information...the home is now "Active with a Bump". Please call me if you would like an explanation about the status. 715-577-7767

... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Jun 9, 2013
jim answered:
Try Citizens Community Federal - they have in-house mortgage options.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat May 11, 2013
Steve Parsons answered:
Confused by your question. If you are having problems viewing Trulia, try using a different web browser, such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Sep 27, 2012
Charles Tiffany answered:
Dylan, rent to own is hardly different from land contract, in that you should have a written contract to state the terms of an agreement to get to the end result of ownership. It's not that simple and probably a lot more difficult than saving 3.5% of a downpayment for a very low interest loan. In today's real estate market you have a significant advantage in getting preapproval for a loan and then offering on listed properties. You should call me for a lengthy discussion on your options and for more info. on ownership if you want to live in Eau Claire or nearby. I look forward to hearing from you and hope to help you out in the very near future. Good luck Dylan!

Charlie Tiffany, Broker Associate
Prime Realty, LLC
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 24, 2012
Mary Jo Bowe answered:
this property is now pending, if you haven't found a home as of yet feel free to contact me and I would be happy to help you in any searches
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 24, 2012
Mary Jo Bowe answered:
It would be best to call a lender and ask that question, generally one person can be on the loan even though you are married, however lending restrictions change occasionally.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 24, 2012
Dave Tracy answered:
You very possibly can get a loan. You should sit down with your Lender and discuss the situation. I have had married couples buy a home when only one person was on the loan. If you need names of some lenders let me know. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Feb 15, 2012
Eric Borst answered:
This is a good question. You will certainly want to seek legal counsel to get a definite answer. You can start by talking with the sellers first and seeing what your options are and if they are willing to agree to let you out of the offer. If you cannot come to any agreement with the sellers you will want to get legal help. Good luck. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 13, 2010
Ned Donnellan answered:
Hi Amanda,
Yes there are contract for deeds in the Eau Claire area. In Wisconsin we refer to them as Land Contracts. It is the same thing...the seller is providing the financing instead of a bank. Let me know if you would like me to begin a search. Also, let me know what type of property your are looking for. Thanks. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 13, 2010
The Raven Team answered:
The free site for EC County (those properties OUTSIDE the EC city limits, but within EC County) is

If you want info on properties WITHIN the city of EC, use this site:

If you need help with anything else, feel free to contact me at 715-577-0028. I was born and raised in Eau Claire and know this area well. Good luck in your home search!

Wendy Boulden
REMAX Affiliates
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 25, 2010
The Raven Team answered:
Hi Molly -
I wouldn't suggest knocking on the door; however, if you'd like to find out the current status of the property, I can help with that. I realize it's frustrating when you reach out to a realtor for help and you don't get the prompt response you deserve. I can be reached at 715-577-0028 and I'd be happy to look into this for you! ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Tue Aug 10, 2010
dave answered:
The seller generally pays the commission and the listing agent who has marketed the home will (as a rule of thumb) split the commission equally between their firm and the firm that procured the buyer. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice
Home Buying in Popular Cities in Eau Claire County