Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Eastside : Real Estate Advice

  • All9
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying2
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 3
Sun Apr 20, 2014
Ahmed Altalhi asked:
This question was asked from
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 23, 2013
Dan Murphy answered:
Hi Chip- Short answer is no. There is a moderately longer answer and other things you should perhaps be concerned with. if you have a moment or two, please feel free to give me a call or email me, my office is driectly in the University Neighborhood and we deal extensively with issues related to the Special Neighborhood District. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Sep 26, 2008
Tony D'Anzica answered:
Hello Marz,

Since the bank now owns the home you no longer have any right of possession. The bank can immediately commence a holdover proceeding in landlord-tenant court (most likely Nassau District Court in Hempstead) against you to recover possession of the property. Once in landlord-tenant court, the proceeding can take anywhere from a couple of months to several months before a judgment and warrant of eviction are issued. You can possibly stay the proceeding by filing for bankruptcy, but that would have been a better option while the foreclosure action was pending and not necessarily now.

Tony L. D'Anzica, Esq.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Popular Syracuse Neighborhoods