Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

East Hampton : Real Estate Advice

  • All64
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying14
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions2

Activity 38
Wed Nov 2, 2016
Josephhorstmann asked:
Im an agent and i would like to advertise a home for sell on your website.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 7, 2015
Htun Han asked:
Wed Oct 21, 2015
Leilah asked:
From what I understand there are a great deal of homes on the market that are considered Open. Is this the same as FSBO listings?
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue May 19, 2015 asked:
Tue Apr 28, 2015
czplumbing answered:
Wed Apr 15, 2015
Anna M Brocco answered:
You can contact any local agent/realty office, they all have access to the same information. You can also check for available area properties.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Jan 13, 2015
dploves2sellhomes answered:
I would make sure you check with the Town before you advertise short term rentals. Some townships do not allow short term rentals. To protect yourself from liability issues, make sure you obtain a rental permit. I am not giving legal advice, this is from my experiences and opinion. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Oct 20, 2014
Oleg Volfman answered:
Hello Dorix.

An agent would be able to take a look at public records on MLS. It would say where the owner lives and their contact information, if it has been updated correctly. But, the agent would not be able to contact the seller directly, if this property is listed on MLS. If it is not listed, then the agent can contact the owner.

Good Luck.

If my response was helpful, consider clicking BEST ANSWER!

Thank you for your valuable time!

Oleg Volfman, CBR, RSSP
Lic. RE Agent, Office Manager
Quick Deal Realty, Inc
Office 516-599-5559
Mobile 917-685-0489
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Sep 14, 2014
Connie Mitchell answered:
From what I hear, Flip Key is very helpful in short term rentals. I work with another agent whom states her phone and emails are blowing up with Flip Key referrals.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 16, 2014
Chris Chapin answered:
The elephant in the room is the Peconic Bay Region Community Preservation Fund transfer tax. Every real estate transaction above certain thresholds generates a tax payment collected from the buyer. The amount is substantial.

The five eastern townships in Suffolk County are Riverhead, Southold, Shelter Island, Southampton, and East Hampton. What they have in common is Peconic Bay. In all of these towns, if any bad stuff gets into the ground, it will eventually wind up in the bay.

The tax goes to acquire land for preservation. Farmland is a priority. So are parcels of special biological interest, that provide habitat for rare plants and animals.

Also extremely important are woodlands. We pump our water from the ground; it does not come from reservoirs. The water beneath the forest is clean. It would not be so if there were lawns above it leaching pesticides, or houses with septic systems leaking waste.

In East Hampton Town, the tax has a $250,000 deductible. However, as the buyer, you must pay 2% of the purchase amount over $250,000 to the Peconic Bay Region Community Preservation Fund.

-- $250,000

= $550,000 (taxable amount)

$550,000 x 2% = $11,000

Therefore, you must pay an additional $11,000 as purchaser of an $800,000 house in East Hampton.
... more
1 vote 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 16, 2014
Anna M Brocco answered:
Have you considered Google Maps
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Mar 15, 2014
Maria.formenton asked:
This question was asked from
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 24, 2014
Chris Chapin answered:
Sat Nov 30, 2013
vanessa.morris answered:
Yes April, May, June 1,000 to 2,000 every year -even further away like Hampton Bay's.

Vanessa Morris
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice
East Hampton Zip Codes