Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Local Info in Durham : Real Estate Advice

  • All426
  • Local Info59
  • Home Buying129
  • Home Selling20
  • Market Conditions17

Activity 74
Wed May 10, 2017
Chpsych asked:
Thu Mar 9, 2017
Constance.sf answered:
I'm seriously considering leaving San Francisco in hope of finding a progressive area, art centric, farmers markets and all within walking distance. Being born and bread in sf I know I was spoiled but I'm hoping to find a place to purchase that will be centrally located to amenities. Anything comes to mind? Thank you!

... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Fri Dec 30, 2016
Lorrie Bumpers asked:
Living at the Loft's at Southside at this time been here for 3 years. And previous resident was 7 year's Colonial Townhomes .
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 15, 2016
Neil Roxas answered:

I was able to email you about this concern.

Thank you for using Trulia!

Neil R.
Consumer Care Advocate
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Aug 3, 2016
Hill1981 answered:
I use They do credit reports and background checks for free.
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 30, 2015
jcholaday answered:
Assuming you mean the Brighleaf Square area in downtown, I would say it's pretty safe. It was one an industrial are but is now mainly shops/restaurants and old tobacco buildings that have been turned into nice condos. It's a pretty desirable place to live these days. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Apr 26, 2015
Clarence Thrasher asked:
Sat Mar 14, 2015
Eleanor Herr & George Faget answered:
2221 meade lane Durham,NC 27707 (5 min from DUKE on 12 acre park) is for sale.

Call me 919 572-1200 George Faget
Former DUKE Eye Center employee.
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 13, 2015
Marc Langefeld answered:

A great web site to look up crime statistics is


0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 10, 2015
Caleb Hart answered:
I was unaware that the codes were different from state to state. I know that a lot of people ventilate their attics. I guess they're trying to make sure moisture stays out of the inside of the house. Plus, there's a bunch of different types of vents. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 30, 2015
Audrey Newton answered:
My husband and I (also just retired) moved to this area from Massachusetts one year ago, and our (high) expectations have been more than met. You will need a car, but I would say this is a very safe and pleasant area. There is nearby shopping, banking, medical care, and lots to do. We take classes at the Duke OLLI program, and I have joined the Woodcroft Women's Club which has lots of activities and where I have made some very good friends. We are so pleased with this location that we have family members who are considering joining us, ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sat Jan 10, 2015
Tonnitte Brown answered:
Generally you send them notice after the grace period is over and give them 10 days to remedy payment plus late fees. I would send it certified mail with receipt so that you have proof. At that point you turn it over to an attorney who will file the necessary paperwork with the court and represent you at the hearing. The court will give the tenant another 7 days to remedy the past due rent, late fees and court cost which must all be paid directly to the court. By this time another months rent will probably be due and the court will often require it to be paid as well. After those 7 days have passed, the attorney can file a writ of eviction with the Sherriff's Dept. which must be served within 5 days and the tenants will be evicted on that day and you are required to be there (or your representative, such as a property manger) to change the locks..
If your tenant still has their possessions in the property on eviction day, they are given 10 days to contact you (or your representative) to enter the property and remove their personal belongings. After that time you can remove any personal belongings and proceed with preparing the property for a new tenant or to sale it.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 8, 2014
Christopher Pagli answered:
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Oct 25, 2014
My NC Homes Team asked:
I am actively seeking an administrator to assist my sales team.

An active Real Estate license will be considered favorably; but is not required. Someone with a paralegal background with…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 23, 2014
Chris Combs answered:
Having a realtor who knows the city will help you find a safe neighborhood. This is a challenge with any city. When you move out of the city in the 27712 zip code, the area becomes more rural. The 27712 zip code is a relatively safe area. ... more
0 votes 14 answers Share Flag
Thu Sep 18, 2014
Gabriel Libutti answered:
Renting is a great option but if you would like to see if you can qualify to purchase a home with little or no down payment feel free to call, text or email me with any questions and I can complete a fast and accurate pre-approval for you. With rates so low, what do you have to lose:)

Gabe Libutti
Sr. Loan Officer/Branch Manager
16325 Northcross Drive Suite C
Huntersville, North Carolina 28078

Cell: 704-450-2518
Office: 980-359-1604
fax: 980-359-1654

Apply Online at:
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 7, 2014
ethelm18 asked:
1 2 3 4
Search Advice