Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Remodel & Renovate in Dupage County : Real Estate Advice

  • All40
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying17
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 9
Tue Mar 3, 2015
mattdalek47 answered:
That doesn't sound like something you should be tackling on your own. I would call around to a repair company and see what they make of it. A leak can be a pretty serious issue with a fridge/freezer, so you want to cover your bases. This course of action will make it easier to fix as well, whatever it is.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 19, 2014
Gail Manion answered:
2 of the larger firms are Safeguard and White Van. I believe they are always looking for contractors to work with them.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Jan 12, 2013
Josie Morrison answered:
If your looking for just an updated look to enjoy for yourself or to add value to your home for resale purposes. That is the question to ask yourself. Most buyers today want the updated look. However, if your tight on funds or close to the resale value of what your mortage is then you may not want to consider that type of improvement. I would suggest have a Realtor evaluate the market value of your home before you consider possibly improvements. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon May 21, 2012
Jim Faro asked:
How much might it cost to "nicely" renovate a 2000 sq ft condo in an upscale building near Chicago?
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sun Jan 29, 2012
Jannis Vann answered:
This answer has been posted to a similar question. Hope it helps you. A per square foot price is not as accurate as you would hope, but it does give you a general price range. Many factors must be taken into account. Foundation and lot conditions, the quality of materials used for it's finish. Speaking to a contractor in your area is certainly the unavoidable starting point. You can also contact a building designer/architect in your area. They can provide you with the plans that will both help you bid the project, but prepare the project for permitting. Permitting will be required unless your area is very rural and the county does not require this step. Contact for a list of qualified building designers in your area. They can also provide you with a list of quality builders to bid your project. Good luck. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 20, 2010
Needspace answered:
Understanding the there are variables, what is the average cost per sq ft in this area?
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Jan 17, 2010
David Cruickshank answered:

Sam is right the FHA renovation loan or 203k may be an option. For more information please check out

If I can be of any assistance please let me know.

David P Cruickshank
Ardain Mortgage
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 11, 2009 answered:
I don't have any experience with them but you could try calling another dealer who may give you some references.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Search Advice