Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Ownership in Doylestown : Real Estate Advice

  • All119
  • Local Info6
  • Home Buying37
  • Home Selling13
  • Market Conditions5

Activity 4
Tue Jan 20, 2015
Rachel Benson answered:
I would definitely contact a professional roofing company to see how what they would recommend to prolong the life of roof. I think it would be much more economical to seal the roof and prolong the life than to get the whole roof replaced. Cedar roofing is beautiful and I love the look of home that have this style of roofing. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 12, 2013
Ann McGuire answered:
Most of the time, this can be superficial and you may want to fix and blend in the stucco. I know this, because it happened to the home my family sold. It was just superficial and we did it to make sure the buyers wouldn't get scared by this.

Here's the company that did this for me:

Let them know I referred you!!

Ann Mc Guire
Weichert Realtor
B. Sci. Marketing
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 18, 2013
Mack McCoy answered:
Sat Jun 2, 2012
Rick answered:
Hello John & Sheri, yes you are correct. You only get what you pay for and now a days insurance companies are raising premiums and deleting more and more coverages from home insurance policy's.

No matter if you are a first time home buyer or have owned your home for thirty years, when you home sustains damage from a sudden and accidental occurrence then you really need to understand how to protect your assets when filing a homeowner insurance claim. There are basically 5 policy types for the home. It is my professional opinion that you try to get the Special Form 3, or HO 3 policy. This is an open peril policy for property damage to the dwelling and named peril for personal property. In addition, you would want to look into (code upgrade) endorsement and a sump pump overflow endorsement if you have a finished basement.

There is a web site called (WWW.PROPERTYCLAIMTIPS.COM) that is a great resource for property owners to get all the information needed when trying to understand the claim process. After all, insurance companies are not just going to give you money and then say if you need more let us know.

AVOID PUBLIC ADJUSTER FEES and negotiate your own home insurance settlement with the help of this company. It is a fantastic web site.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Home Ownership in Doylestown Zip Codes