Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Dover : Real Estate Advice

  • All19
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying2
  • Home Selling5
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 14
Mon Feb 13, 2017
Angelfer007 answered:
Thu Aug 4, 2016
Lynne asked:
My husband and my self did a short sale June 2015. We currently rent . We have combined less than 5,000. in debt / charge off's etc. We have been paying that off. With our score's…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sun Oct 25, 2015
Tony Grech answered:
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 10, 2015
Skedadle asked:
The home you picture as 5741 Old Carlisle Rd is 5751 Old Carlisle Rd, which is condemned. Also, your info on this home is wrong.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 14, 2014
Anthony M answered:
Hello Austin. It looks like you were given the runaround when it came to actually answering your question. The easiest way to look for property tax information is to search for the county millage rates. You would search for YORK Millage Rates since you are asking about Dover, PA 17315. The Dover rate can be found on this page:

To find out the actual amount the home(s) you are interested in you would visit the following site:
Then you would enter either the Property Location (address), or Tax Parcel Number if you know it. You'd type 123 Sesame St if you're interested in a home at 123 Sesame Street, Dover ,PA 17315. I hopes this helps answer your question.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 2, 2014
Katie answered:
I think the lot rent has alot to do with the sale of a mobile home and the location, try Bob Yost - Prudential
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 25, 2013
Mike Barshinger answered:
school is 21.43, York County is 4.52, and Dover Township is 1.00 for millage rates. If you can see what the assessed value of the home you have or may be looking at, add these numbers up, move the decimal point to the left 2 spaces. A house assessed at $100,000 would be multiplied for total year taxes at a millage rate of 26.95 or .02695 making taxes $2,695 a year. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 1, 2013
Kenneth Gerrick answered:
Takes some great person to be a LAND LORD! Why go this route when Prudential Bob Yost sold time is less than 69 days. Your home might depreciate if a tenant does not take care of the your property like you the owner. Note the inventory of homes has fallen greatly. If you want to list your
home, Please call Ken Gerrick, of Prudential Bob Yost Homesale Services. My last home listed on
25 N.Queen St in Dover sold for above listed price in less than 2 weeks.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Sep 27, 2012
Chad Fritzinger answered:
You could list your home for sale with a local realtor and ask them to put a clause in the contract to enable you to find suitable housing before you close on your mobile home. If the mobile home is built before 1976 it will be hard for a buyer to get financing for it. Your local Realtor should know of banks that help buyers finance older mobile homes. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed May 30, 2012
Rhonda Fisher answered:
Depending on its location and condition, the market is strong for affordable homes. Please give me a call at 717-318-2003 or email me at and we can discuss how best to sell your home. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Feb 28, 2012
Benny Smith answered:
Yes, but not the same lists. The homes we have are offered for sale. The so called forclosure lists are often nothing more than a list of homes not being paid on time. Most of which will never enter foreclosuer. And those in the process before listing in the local MLS are not able to be sold. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Mar 13, 2010
Paula J Burt answered:
I agree - if you feel you may need to do a deed-in-lieu, you most definitely need to consult a local attorney immediately to help you determine what your best course of action should be. But... if you feel that a short sale may be the answer, you can explore that avenue first by speaking with a local REALTOR to see what kind of help is available for you in your own particular situation - maybe your home could be listed and sold to help you get out from under the problem. I gather that you already know that if you owe more than you would be able to get for it in today's market, that would be called a Short Sale, where yoiur REALTOR would work with your lender to get them to accept a lesser amount when it is sold than what you still owe them. There still may be enough time, and depending on how much you owe and what the market will bear, to get it sold for an amount that is more than you owe. But we can only determine that by meeting with you and having an in-depth conversation with you about all of your personal details. These situations differ person to person. What might work for one may not work for another. It depends on the details of your circumstances. The KEY is to PRICE IT RIGHT when you list it so the buyers will come out for it right away. NOW IS THE BEST TIME, because we still have till April 30th for first-time homebuyers to write an offer and still take advantage of the first time homebuyer tax credit. They are out there looking, and we are gettting calls form more each day. Short sales won't help them much at this point though, as they take too long to close by the deadline, in most cases.
I am a local REALTOR in York County, and, if you would like to talk about it in person, I would be happy to answer any other questions you may have about the process. Feel free to give me a call anytime. My office number below rings into my cell phone.
Paula Burt
Keller Williams Keystone Realty
York PA
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 11, 2010
Dan Chase answered:
Check with the IRS or an accountant. But if you owned the property for over a year I think it would be seen as a capitol gains loss. As I understand it anything you own for more than a year and sell has the profit (or loss) considered capital gains. I see no reason a house would be different, but I could be wrong. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 2, 2010
Paula J Burt answered:
You got the best answer below from Dayne Riddle. If you don't have an agent already, you should consult one, or a real estate attorney, for advice on purchasing a home. Knowing Dane, I can assure you he's a great choice. You could also call me if you wanted to, but you would be doing yourself a great service if you use someone to represent you.
Good Luck!
Paula Burt
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Dover Zip Codes