what are the costs of building a pool in austin tx?

Asked by Ab, Austin, TX Tue Apr 26, 2011

Answers

8
Tim Hunke, , 78746
Wed Apr 27, 2011
I have owned a pool for over 25 years and have enjoyed. Since you are asking about the price I would like to tell you about some features you may or may not want. An automatic water leveler automatically adds water to the pool; however, there is no way to tell if you have a leak until the your water bill comes in. Although I have a clorinator the new pools have a salt system that is quite good. Both my son and my son-in-law have them and they seem great. No stingy eyes. A filter that is diatomacious earth really is clear; however cleaning the filters can be a pain.I would suggest that you meet with several pool companies and get them to tell you about the options. Then go to a pool suppy company and get the prices for the chemicals. A pool is not cheap to operate. You normally have 2 motors that run from 3-12 hrs a day and that should be considered. You are welcome to contact me and I will be happy to give you somemore tips. Regards, Tim
Simon Justice…, Agent, Austin, TX
Tue Apr 26, 2011
My good friend Rick Beaubouef Is the owner of Easy Pools here in Austin. He has been in the pool service industry here in Austin for over 15 years and in the swimming pool industry for over 20 years and has worked in the world's largest swimming pool markets where he has developed his skills and gained experience through maintaining and repairing thousands of different swimming pools. He builds pools as well.

(512) 266-6592 or email easypools@gmail.com
Scott Butcher, , Austin, TX
Tue Apr 26, 2011
Ab,

It could be $25,000 up $100,000 depending on how nice you want it and and how much rock you have to excavate. There are too many unknown variables that need to be answered before getting you a better estimate.

Feel free to call any pool contractor and they should be able to assist.

John Staplet…, Agent, Cedar Park, TX
Tue Apr 26, 2011
I'd guess $40K for a fairly nice in ground pool. Of course this can vary a lot. Lots of profit in the pool business I'm told. It's also a big thing to manage.
Elizabeth Wi…, Agent, Austin, TX
Tue Apr 26, 2011
Hello -

Here is a site that can get you several pool quotes... Austin is in Travis county of course:

http://austin.freepoolquotes.com/

You might request a quote for a salt water pool and the newest trend, a UV pool. Both use alternate means {Salt, UV light} besides stabilized Chlorine for keeping them sanitized.

Enjoy!
John Crowe, Agent, Austin, TX
Tue Apr 26, 2011
What type of pool - something basic or more complicated and design-oriented? It really depends, like asking what it would cost to build a home without talking square feet and amenities.

If you need a recommendation for a pool builder, I can help.

Holbrook And…, Agent, Austin, TX
Tue Apr 26, 2011
I am a Real Estate Agent and General Contractor. Pools can get expensive but I would say $25k for a base model pool. Let me know if you need anymore help.

Andrew
Jeffrey Nyla…, , Austin, TX
Tue Apr 26, 2011
Hello AB

Please call Jason Fortney at (512) 748-0698. Jason is a second generation home builder here in Central Texas and he can give you the very best advice.

Jeffrey Nyland, REALTOR®, GRI, SRS
The Nyland Team
Prudential Texas Realty
512-626-8552 (Direct)
512-267-3640 (Fax)
Jeffrey@NylandTeam.com
http://www.NylandTeam.com
Jeffrey Nyland TX AUC# 16644
Exceeding Expectations!
Web Reference:  http://www.NylandTeam.com