Kindy Slagle, Real Estate Pro in Laguna Beach, CA

What is the general consensus about "Santa Fe" style when it comes to home decor and style?

Asked by Kindy Slagle, Laguna Beach, CA Wed Oct 2, 2013

Answers

5
Ingrid Ski R…, Agent, Mission Viejo, CA
Fri Oct 4, 2013
Santa fe style is nice. Depends on the style or the home exterior which may or may not be a good fit. You can't have a Mediterranean style exterior with a Santa few style interior that just would not work
Carl has the same info.

Ingrid Ski Realtor
949-874-0432
OCAreaHomes@gmail.com
The Medford…, Agent, Fremont, CA
Wed Oct 2, 2013
Not exactly sure what your question is ... it could be interpreted as, "What are considered to be the core elements of 'Santa Fe' style when it comes to interior and outer home design?" Or, you could interpret is as being, "What is your opinion about 'Sante Fe' interior and exterior styling for a home - especially one that might be coming on the market soon?"

I'm going to assume it's the second ...

It's a valid style in certain parts of the country. Exteriors and interiors should be consistent - nothing worse than a Cape Cod exterior with a Sante Fe interior. It works best in the southwestern states where stucco is very common and it's not unusual to see adobe-styled homes on a regular basis. The style has been around for quite a while now and, although hues have changed a bit, it's here to stay. It's like any other style - some love it, others hate it. There will definitely be people who won't buy a Sante Fe Home. It's is one of those styles that you really need to commit to all the way - not just the exterior, but interior AND furnishings as well.

I'm guessing it's a style than not many home stagers use on a regular basis, so staging a home for sale might be a bit tricky. I'm saying this as the owner of a staging company - I don't think we have a single Sante Fe item in our inventory.

New home builders are going through a bit of a "Tuscan" phase right now - in the past there have been Sante Fe phases and so on. Southern California is a great place for this style - especially on the coast where stucco and clay roofs are great exterior choices. If you are already going stucco, it's not a real stretch to go all the way to "Sante Fe" ... so long as you don't live in Boston or Rhode Island ...
Lori Hanson, Agent, Aliso Viejo, CA
Wed Oct 2, 2013
If you are looking to sell the house the more simple it is the better that the buyers can see their own stuff in the house. If you are doing it for yourself and you plan on staying for a long time then I say go for it. Personally I like Santa Fe style décor but that is just me.

Lori Hanson
OC Homes Realty
BRE 01405146
714-585-5236 Cell
Dorene Slavi…, Agent, Torrance, CA
Tue Jun 10, 2014
I love it in Arizona when I visit. I don't see it much in Los Angeles area.
Brittany Lei…, Agent, San Clemente, CA
Fri Jun 13, 2014
Laguna Beach tends to like to more modern look and beach style. However I have clients who have FALLEN ABSOLUTELY IN LOVE with Santa Fe style. It could definitely work!

Brittany Leighton
Realtor, Berkshire Hathaway
(949) 480-7178
ExeRealEstate@Gmail.com
http://www.MyRealEstateExecutive.com