We are looking to buy a houseful of nice, upscale, used furniture. Looking for resources in Scottsdale, AZ besides Craigslist and ads. Any ideas?

Asked by Waltfinn, Scottsdale, AZ Thu Dec 23, 2010

We are thinking of all the snowbirds that are selling their 2nd home, there must be some companies that buy and sell furniture. The Craigslist ads we've found involves chasing all over the valley for each piece.

Answers

24
Kelley Carte…, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Wed Jan 21, 2015
Airpark Consignment is a wonderful place to begin your search.
Baker.jerry90, Home Buyer, Scottsdale, AZ
Thu Sep 1, 2016
I just listed our Leather Living Room sofa, love seat, lounge chair and ottoman on Craigslist.com. Look under Living Room Suite. It is in nice condition. Lounge Chair and Ottoman have very little use as it dild not fit in our previous living room. All priced at $485.00
Kkohisusan11, Home Buyer, Scottsdale, AZ
Wed Aug 3, 2016
I am moving and need to sell everything in my house. I have a complete living room, dining room, kitchen furniture, rugs, art, accessories, decorative pottery, Fiesta Ware plates and bowls, Talavera pottery, patio
furniture, all negotiable.
I am moving, and to sell everything. I have queen bedroom set, sectional sofa that I only had for tree month, and other pieces.
Flag Thu May 4, 2017
Hketchen12, Home Buyer, Scottsdale, AZ
Thu Jun 9, 2016
I am going through a divorce, and need to get rid of the memories. Non smoker, no pets furniture is pristine. Bedroom (queen size) two end tables, five drawer chest, and large 12 drawer dresser with mirror, additional chair and 7 ft mirror all solid wood like brand new. Also living room, and dining room. High end solid wood furniture, Living room accessories pieces are very unique from a high end furniture store, and all art is original.
Fortierrog4, Home Buyer, Scottsdale, AZ
Thu Apr 14, 2016
We have a complete home of high end like brand new furniture for sale. 2 Creative Leather custom made sofas and 1 side chair in absolutely MINT condition, brand new fabric sofa & loveseat and many more items to long to list.If interested please call Lorena or Roger at 480-209-1109 for more details
Aurora Rente…, Home Buyer, Odessa, TX
Thu Jan 22, 2015
Where and how can I post my house to sell it
I want to sell the house not buy it
Flag Thu Jan 22, 2015
Jennie Miller…, Agent, Phoenix, AZ
Wed Oct 15, 2014
Do you already have the house? Have you considered buying a fully furnished home?
Francisco Ga…, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Mon Oct 13, 2014
Have you tried the Goodwill in South Scottsdale? They seem to have some pretty high end stuff thee
Rhonda Johns…, Agent, Prescott, AZ
Fri Oct 10, 2014
Terry's Consignment, The Dump and there are several fun resale shops in Scottsdale, Mesa, Chandler. I suggest get on-line, make a list and have a fun day shopping resale stores. I have helped stage vacant home with used furniture sometimes and it can have so much character!
Cathy Radzie…, Home Owner, Tempe, AZ
Fri Mar 7, 2014
We have several large pieces we want to sell but don't have a truck to transport them to a consignment store. Does anyone know of a store that will pick up?
Mary Snower, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Sat Oct 19, 2013
I love "My Sister's Attic" There are several locations and they are always getting new things in.
I'm also looking for used furniture to put into our home. I've never heard of that place before, but I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the help!

Brooke Bowen | http://www.wertzbrothers.com
Flag Thu Aug 28, 2014
wind64, Home Seller, Glendale, AZ
Wed Aug 21, 2013
I have a 5pc Black Hawk king bedroom set mint condition. Dark brown solid oak. Need to sell ASAP. Asking $1,600.00 was origianlly $5,500.00. I need the cash like yesterday. Please call if you are interested and make offer. (602)550-1228
Laura Myers…, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Fri Aug 12, 2011
Contact luxury Realtors that have homes for sale and see if their sellers are looking to sell the contents which is common as you said as many are second homes.
Good Luck
Laura Myers
AZ Real Estate Consultants
Keller Williams AZ Realty
Richard N Sm…, , Jacksonville, FL
Tue Aug 9, 2011
If you are into antique's; maybe check the newspaper for estate sales
Alicia Guerr…, , Scottsdale, AZ
Sat Jan 8, 2011
Dear Waltfinn...

iSearchDecor offers a FREE referral service for home owners and can help you source anything you need in your home from local businesses at fabulous pricing. Although there currently is not a category yet on the website for "Used" furniture, you can call 480-619-5505 and the staff will help you with a custom listing of terrific places for you to find upscale, used furniture.

For new furniture, accessories, or home services, the iSearchDecor website will match you to the "hidden gems" in town offering terrific pricing at unadvertised discounts.
Web Reference:  http://www.isearchdecor.com
Brion Crum, , 85259
Fri Jan 7, 2011
Dear Waltfinn,

There is a designer/stager in the Scottsdale area who actually specializes in what you are looking for. She will furnish, decorate and stock your new vacation home so that the next time you are in town the home is ready to move into. Since she works with each client's budget, style and needs you would want to set a complimentary consultation with her so she can get started creating the turn-key home that you desire. Her name is Amy Rozines with Showcase Home Staging, 602 388-8122, amy@stagedhomesarizona.com.

The other ideas posted here are good but still involve a lot of time and effort on your part. Because Amy receives preferred pricing and discounts you can also save money over doing it yourself. Good luck!
John Werner, , Scottsdale, AZ
Tue Dec 28, 2010
Here is a link to a gal that sells furniture from model homes. I personally have not seen the quality of the furniture but it might be worth a try.
http://app.streamsend.com/private/qrI7/Kkc/5AHIwsH/browse/13168381

http://www.johnwernersellsrealestate.com
Richard N Sm…, , Jacksonville, FL
Tue Dec 28, 2010
Just be carefull of buying some things that actually belong to the home. Dishwashers Kitchens just to name a few.
Diane Brennan, , Scottsdale, AZ
Tue Dec 28, 2010
I always buy my furniture at one of the auctions here in the valley.
You can buy it new for less than gently used at second hand stores.
They have items that are overstocked from Macy's, JC Penney, Costco Home, even Copenhagen and Neiman Marcus.
They don't have all those stores every week, but they do have different stuff all the time and it is actually a fun night out.
You have to arrange delivery but there are people on site that will do it.
Make sure to check on the items before you bid, because once you do, there's no returns.
http://www.delaneyauction.com/
Stephanie We…, Agent, Gilbert, AZ
Sun Dec 26, 2010
Stop by some of the new home communitys in Scottsdale that are close to closing out that have furniture you like and ask them if they would be willing to sell them. You may be able to find someone in Scottsdale that's moving and selling everything in the house. Otherwise, it's just the old fashioned digging if you're buying used furniture. Good luck!
Sherrie Bell…, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Sat Dec 25, 2010
There are many upscale consignment shops in Scottsdale, one is 79th street north of Thunderbird, also Scottsdale road and shea on west side of the street,. Also on Bell west of the 51 on the left side of the street is J and K's they have new and slightly used furniture and they get many estate sales and distressed property furniture, they also have an extensive catalog service.

Have fun shopping

Sherrie
Laura G Kost…, , Scottsdale, AZ
Fri Dec 24, 2010
If you are looking to stage a home there are some designers that will stage it for you with their furniture. The furniture is for sale, separately. The designer will advertise the sale to their clients and you now have walkthrus for the home you have for sale too. The response has been fantastic - 95 people per day.
Andrew Bloom, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Thu Dec 23, 2010
There are a few different stores and companies here in town that can help with any needs. If you are looking in the North Scottsdale is a great Consignment company right at raintree and the 101. Now if you are looking for furniture just to stage a home in order to help it sell there are many of thoes and we have worked with a few really great ones.

If you need any contact or would if there is anything else please give me a call (480-980-2464) or shoot me an e-mail with any questions (SeriousAboutRE@Gmail.com)

Another place to check out for any great Scottsdale referrals is the North Scottsdale Chamber they have a membership of top North Scottsdale Merchents.

Hope you find what you are looking for Waltfinn have a great holiday and happy new year.

Andrew Bloom
Re/Max Excalibur
Bloom, Van Omen, & Associates Team
Daniel Reyno…, , Scottsdale, AZ
Thu Dec 23, 2010
You can always vist sites that are related to the East Valley MLS.
Web Reference:  http://evmls.com